Windows 10: My desktop was deleted after a windows update on the 27/11

Discus and support My desktop was deleted after a windows update on the 27/11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please advise if I can claim for the loss of income and the expense I incurred due to this update. I cannot find an email address to contact, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarbaraWood3, Dec 7, 2018.

1. My desktop was deleted after a windows update on the 27/11

Please advise if I can claim for the loss of income and the expense I incurred due to this update. I cannot find an email address to contact, only chat.

Thanks

:)

BarbaraWood3, Dec 7, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 7, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 7, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

My desktop was deleted after a windows update on the 27/11

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

My desktop was deleted after a windows update on the 27/11

1. My desktop was deleted after a windows update on the 27/11 - Similar Threads - desktop was deleted

2. After Windows 11 update files on my desktop are missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 update files on my desktop are missing.: I ran the most recent Windows 11 update yesterday 15/10/2023. After the update, all files on my desktop are missing. It just has recycle bin. I have already searched the files on /user/desktop folder, but it is empty....
  3. After Windows 11 update files on my desktop are missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 11 update files on my desktop are missing.: I ran the most recent Windows 11 update yesterday 15/10/2023. After the update, all files on my desktop are missing. It just has recycle bin. I have already searched the files on /user/desktop folder, but it is empty....
  4. Win 11 pro: after update: all files and links on the Desktop are deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 pro: after update: all files and links on the Desktop are deleted.: I'm disappointed. Never happened before in year I'm on WIndows.I'm under W11 Pro 21H2Today I got an update. As usual I apply for it.But after that: all links on the Desktop AND the files are disappeared, except the folders.There are NOT temporary profiles, anything like this....
  5. Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory: The below attachment describes my problem. It is a new problem to me. To be honest, after updating to version 21H1, I'm facing a lot of problems and that is really frustrating as a windows user!!!!!!!...
  6. Windows update that deleted or hid the games on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update that deleted or hid the games on my desktop: Windows did an update today and the games I had on my desktop are now gone and I can't find them. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-that-deleted-or-hid-the-games-on-my/d7251465-5b73-4096-9fbf-aacbe8567523
  7. Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop: I had videos and photos on the desktop for a long time and they disappeared after the update in May. I remember some error message popping up that I was too much in a hurry to fully pay attention to . I believe it was something about signing into my microsoft account even...
  8. Windows deletes folders that were on my desktop after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows deletes folders that were on my desktop after an update: Hello everyone, hope you are having a good day. So on thursday evening I finished my regular shenanigans on my pc and went to bed. When I went to turn the pc it had the "Update and shut down" option because an update was available. Didn't really think anything of it, just...
  9. Windows 10 Update on 09/27/2019 deleted my oudio device on my Omen notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update on 09/27/2019 deleted my oudio device on my Omen notebook: Hi, I have an hp Omen 64 bit notebook with W10 OS. The latest Windows 10 Update deleted my audio device, Bang & Olufsen. Right now, no audio device can be found. What can I do to restore the sound settings? Thank you...
  10. Desktop files and folders deleted after windows updated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files and folders deleted after windows updated: Hi After the most recent windows update, my desktop was completely different and all the files and folders that had previously been on it are nowhere to be found on the computer. Folders still appear in recently accessed, but it shows an error message if I try open them....