Windows 10: My desktop won't boot up in windows 10

Discus and support My desktop won't boot up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC keeps restarting once I try to boot up. I have tried multiple ways to get it to work but to no avail. I can boot up in safe mode and all is well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Irishnut, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Irishnut Win User

My desktop won't boot up in windows 10

My PC keeps restarting once I try to boot up. I have tried multiple ways to get it to work but to no avail. I can boot up in safe mode and all is well, but if I boot up in safe mode with networking I don't have network access.

I have gone as far as reformatting my SDD and re-Installing windows in both 32 bit and 64 bit but still face the same issues. My motherboard is fine and my memory has been tested and I have tried installing on 3 different hard drives but all with the same result.

Any ideas appreciated.

:)

Irishnut, Nov 7, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 7, 2018
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Nov 7, 2018
  4. My desktop won't boot up in windows 10

Desktop Won`t Refresh On Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with Windows 10.
    Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode with networking and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third
    party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

Unplug external devices connected to the computer expect
    keyboard and mouse.

From login screen, press Shift key and click on the
    Power button and click restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.

In this page select troubleshoot
    option.

And click on Advance option.

Select Startup setting from advance option.

Here you will find Restart button, just click on it.

In new windows press F5 to login with
    safe mode with networking.

If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

My desktop won't boot up in windows 10

1. My desktop won't boot up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - desktop won't boot

2. windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 won't boot up: so the propblem is that my windows 10 got the blue screen crash when there where updates available that needed me to restart the PC to update it. however as soon as it collected all the data after the blue screen crash it did boot up by itself but only up to the loading...
  3. windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 won't boot up: so the propblem is that my windows 10 got the blue screen crash when there where updates available that needed me to restart the PC to update it. however as soon as it collected all the data after the blue screen crash it did boot up by itself but only up to the loading...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot up

Windows 10 won't boot up: This started before the last night, my Pc won't boot up not even showing the windows logo. It just shows some blinking underlines then it goes to black screen, nothing, no cursor. I can press caps lock and it still lights up even if I can't do anything, tried ctrlaltdel and...
  5. Windows 10 Won't boot up

Windows 10 Won't boot up: Hello, In the last 3 months, I've had 2 of my computers running windows 10 be rendered completely useless. One is an old desktop, one a new laptop. Both computers are unable to boot up. I've tried all of the troubleshooting options and none work. I do not want to reinstall...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot up

Windows 10 won't boot up: So yesterday I installed a new fan and it booted just fine, after I was done doing things on the computer I went to shutdown and it restarted, it show the post-boot and when it trys tu run windows the logo appears a few seconds and then it loops back to the post-boot then...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't boot up: I activated more cores in my laptop on ms config, now my laptop has an un-ending cycle of startup repair and restarts, even safe mode won't boot up.... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-boot-up/eff6b527-2a55-46c9-9c64-41b992e3d206
  8. Windows 10 won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot up.: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File:\Boot\BCD Error code:0xc0000014c I have been stuck for days and need help. This may have been after one of the many updates....
  9. Windows 10 won't boot up

Windows 10 won't boot up: When I turn on my computer it starts the automatic repair and reapeats it 3 times till it brings me to a blue screen saying "automatic repair couldn't repair you pc" and "Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" I dont know if this is important I tried the...
  10. My windows 10 pc won't boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    My windows 10 pc won't boot up: Hi, after I enter my password I'm taken to a back screen with a small window that says "c:\Windows\System32" no amount of pressing enter in the window, nor closing the window altogether, seems to make a difference any guidance you can offer would be much appreciated....