Windows 10: My Desktop Won't Work at All Via HDMI to TV

Discus and support My Desktop Won't Work at All Via HDMI to TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys I was hoping for some help on this issue I have been having, no one can seem to help. I have an Asus Desktop. I plugged a working HDMI cord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Riffkid23, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Riffkid23 Win User

My Desktop Won't Work at All Via HDMI to TV

Hey guys I was hoping for some help on this issue I have been having, no one can seem to help. I have an Asus Desktop. I plugged a working HDMI cord into my older Sony Bravia TV (Smart TV). I have a GTX 760 192 Bit NVIDIA graphics card. I went to the NVIDIA control panel, and it wont read the TV. I tried going through the windows 10 64 bit version of trying to find connected devices, and the TV shows up but as a media streaming device. It almost seems like the PC itself doesn't know it has an HDMI slot. I have read other forums. I have tried so many things. Something usually so simple is becoming a very big pain. If someone can please help me I would highly appreciate your help. Thank you! *Wink

:)

Riffkid23, Nov 19, 2015
  2. beetsnz Win User

help

Hi I use to watch movie's via my computer on the TV with the use of a HDMI cable but for some reason it won't work any more all I get on the TV now is the start up page then the movie plays on my computer but the TV stays on the start up page I bought a
    new cable but still the same problem can anyone tell me why please

Thanks

beetsnz, Nov 19, 2015
  3. After instelling windows 10 I get no sound trough the hdmi cable to the TV ?

Im having same issue. My desktop is hooked up to tv via hdmi. I had windows 7 and sound worked perfectly, as soon as i updated to windows ten i have no sound. Ive checked for all updates and none to be installed

codymathias, Nov 19, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

two things

press Windows +P to switch to show on BOTH monitors to start with. The error is probably is that your older TV won't support the higher resolutions of the graphics card.

Your Sony TV might only support a max resolution of 1080i not full 1080p (1920 X 1080) HD mode. These older TV's could easily be distinguished by the fact they were always advertised as "HD READY" rather than full 1080p HD.

try reducing the resolution until you see something on the screen. To switch back to external monitor only just press Windows key +P again and select 2nd screen only.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 26, 2015
  5. Hi Riffkid23,

I would suggest checked with the graphic card manufacturer for the limitations when it comes to connecting TV via HDMI.
    There are some cards that does not support TV's bigger than certain inches when connected via HDMI. Another factor to consider is the length of the cable.
    Have you tried connecting only the HDMI TV and restarting the computer.
    Please let me know the findings.

Regards.
    Edwin.

edwindaniels, Nov 30, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    cable issue if it doesnt even recognize the monitor.

to Edwin, why on earth would card manufacturer wouldnt support all inches cause it has 0 difference between 2" and 100" to say My Desktop Won't Work at All Via HDMI to TV :p

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My Desktop Won't Work at All Via HDMI to TV - Similar Threads - Desktop Won't Via

2. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  3. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  4. HDMI not working on tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not working on tv: I'm hoping one of you can help me with this. I just bought a new ASUS Laptop BR1100 BR1100FKA-BP0548R. My problem is that when I try to connect to a smart tv using HDMI, it's not working. The problem is not the cord because when I used my Microsoft laptop, I was able to...
  5. HDMI not working on tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working on tv: I'm hoping one of you can help me with this. I just bought a new ASUS Laptop BR1100 BR1100FKA-BP0548R. My problem is that when I try to connect to a smart tv using HDMI, it's not working. The problem is not the cord because when I used my Microsoft laptop, I was able to...
  6. connection to tv via hdmi isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connection to tv via hdmi isnt working: I have tried both of the hdmi ports on my tv to my computer but it hasnt worked, the hdmi cord is brand new when I ask the computer to search for the device it says it cant detect it even though the tv is on the correct port is it the hdmi cable or is it something else?...
  7. Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue: When my PC is plugged into my smart TV via HDMI, the TV does not display the PC. However, if before turning on the PC, I plug the PC into a monitor via Displayport, and keep the HDMI between the PC and...
  8. Audio via HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  9. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works: This is driving me insane, cant find a solution on the internet and can't figure it out myself. It worked fine in windows 7 but now when I choose "duplicate display" from the side menu popup the tv goes blank as if Ive unplugged the hdmi. All 3 of the remaining display...
  10. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...