Windows 10: my desktop

Discus and support my desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I get on site help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop/9d53f08a-ac69-4ac5-8254-5941baeccfc1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EllisHerbst, Nov 9, 2019.

1. my desktop

How can I get on site help

:)

EllisHerbst, Nov 9, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 9, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 9, 2019
  4. my desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

my desktop

1. my desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. Toshiba 1TB USB3 unable to read on HP desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1TB USB3 unable to read on HP desktop: I have a HP desktop and I am pulling my hair out trying to read the Toshiba portable hard drive. It works perfectly on MacBook Air but cannot read on my HP desktop. I've done the normal disk driver update etc. Can someone help PLEASE...!!...
  3. 2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars

2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars: Why would I have 2 wifi bars on my desktop and 5 bars on my laptop they are both in the same room and are both wireless. and the desktop is very slow. Does this make the desktop slow? Help I hate using the desktop because it's so slow....
  4. How do you get desktop notifications from Your Phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you get desktop notifications from Your Phone?: I've just gone about a test transition from Pushbullet, and I'm wondering how I get notifications on the PC for notifications on the phone. I can obviously see notifications if I launch the application, but they don't appear to be showing on in my Action Centre or whatever...
  5. Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop??: Version #: 18362-476 I spend 12 hours a day on my PC 24/7 so like to have something on my desktop of interest. Thus I have the desktop set up for a slideshow of all the images from various folders (I change them routinely). I also do a similar thing for the logon BUT I...
  6. Small icon on desktop when dragged from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small icon on desktop when dragged from start menu: I got a large square with a tiny icon inside.... It may be related to 'apps from Windows app store' rather than programs installed in the old way. Others have this problem. I was not able to provide a solution as the question was closed. Here is a long winded solution. (i.e....
  7. Desktop Shortcut for Wi-Fi Properties

Desktop Shortcut for Wi-Fi Properties: Windows 10 Pro 1903, OS Build: 18362.449 (shortly: .476) - Howdy Folks, I'm looking for the procedure to create a desktop shortcut for "Wi-Fi Properties" (attached). Thanks in advance to all who read this post and all who reply! *Cool 144580
  8. desktop is busted - cant deactivate windows10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    desktop is busted - cant deactivate windows10 license: My desktop is busted and wont boot so I am unable to deactivate my Win10 Home license. So how do I use my license to activate Win10 in a new desktop?...
  9. After update Nov 12, 2019-KB4524570 (OSbuilds 18362.476 & 18363.476) unable to open desktop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update Nov 12, 2019-KB4524570 (OSbuilds 18362.476 & 18363.476) unable to open desktop...: I am reposting this question. I would appreciate some info regarding this situation. After update Nov 12, 2019-KB4524570 (OSbuilds 18362.476 & 18363.476) unable to open desktop shortcuts on the 2nd user only. This happened the last time I updated. There are 2 users. When...
  10. Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop: I have windows 10 pro 64bit and ssd and 16gb on my Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO. It happens to me very often on the desktop to copy a file and it does not appear until after a long time or appears if I select refrash. So similarly in the folders .. unzipped a zip file and the...