Windows 10: My Detachable Hard Drive which I use as Backup, shows DISCONNECTED...

Discus and support My Detachable Hard Drive which I use as Backup, shows DISCONNECTED... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a Detachable Hard Drive as my Backup, Drive F which is named as SHARED. I format it before I start and use SETTINGS to the BACKUP SITE, it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeff Gordon_884, Mar 13, 2019.

1. My Detachable Hard Drive which I use as Backup, shows DISCONNECTED...

I use a Detachable Hard Drive as my Backup, Drive F which is named as SHARED. I format it before I start and use SETTINGS to the BACKUP SITE, it shows DISCONNECTED as I press MORE OPTIONS in the Backup Site. I use "more options" to set the Folders I want to backup, instead of Selecting C drive. I would appreciate what I am doing wrong?

:)

Jeff Gordon_884, Mar 13, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 13, 2019
  3. External hard drive disconnecting

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the external hard drive as it is disconnecting. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the external hard drive?
    • Are you getting any error messages in the device manager?
    Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Connect the external hard drive and perform the following methods.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Method 2: Check if you can see the device in Device Manager

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device manager.
    • Click on View Tab, Select Show hidden devices.
    • Click on Scan for Hardware changes.
    • Check if the devices show up in Device Manager in the device list.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 13, 2019
  4. My Detachable Hard Drive which I use as Backup, shows DISCONNECTED...

external hard drive shows "disconnect". Cannot connect

External hard drive shows "disconnect". Cannot reconnect.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Roberta1220, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

My Detachable Hard Drive which I use as Backup, shows DISCONNECTED...

1. My Detachable Hard Drive which I use as Backup, shows DISCONNECTED... - Similar Threads - Detachable Hard Drive

2. Backup to a portable hard drive using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to a portable hard drive using Windows 10: When I backup my pc Windows 10 to a portable hard drive, do the files I have deleted from my pc since my last backup remain on my portable hard drive? moved from Microsoft 365 and office...
  3. These appeared on my external hard drive which keeps randomly disconnecting and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These appeared on my external hard drive which keeps randomly disconnecting and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dreamcastboy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9r55s/these_appeared_on_my_external_hard_drive_which/
  4. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  5. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?: When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical drive? And if it's possible to use my hard drive will it erase all the data inside the hard drive?...
  6. Internet/Ethernet keeps disconnecting on my backup hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet/Ethernet keeps disconnecting on my backup hard drive: Very weird situation. Running 1909. Never had this happen before. If I boot from my primary drive I never lose internet .. However, if I boot from my backup drive.. which is an image of the primary drive I lose internet connectivity if I am idle for a while and can’t get it...
  7. External Hard drive shows Disconnected with Red 'X' when attempting to do Windows Backup or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard drive shows Disconnected with Red 'X' when attempting to do Windows Backup or...: Op System: Windows10 I have a 1TB Seagate external drive that I connected to a USB port. In File Explorer it shows as drive 'F:'. However, when I go to 'Backup & Restore' it shows as 'E:' and has a Red 'X' and says 'disconnected'. It does not allow me to select 'Backup'....
  8. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.: My internal hard drive is completely disconnecting from the motherboard while i am using my computer and it causes most of windows processes to go into not responding to the point of me having to use commands to restart my computer as even task manager immediately goes not...
  9. Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups: I hooked the Seagate hard drive up when the Toshiba hard drive got full, and the Seagate one hasn't turned off it's light at all I don't know what who ever is saying that it turns off, if the light is on doesn't that mean it's on and loading backup? Because I haven't saw the...
  10. Using Hard Drive Toaster with 2 Drives = frequent disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Hard Drive Toaster with 2 Drives = frequent disconnects: Hi there, As the forum topic states, I have two hard drives (one 500 gigs and another 6TB) in a hard drive toaster connected to windows 10. The hard drive toaster supports drives up to 8TB, by the way. What happens is that my computer, which is on for more than a day or...