Windows 10: My device does not exist

Discus and support My device does not exist in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to buy the game minecraft on my computer but it said that "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanGrannan, Jun 24, 2020.

1. My device does not exist

I tried to buy the game minecraft on my computer but it said that "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." But im on my computer and its says that my account is working but i just have no devices set up. How do I do that?

:)

RyanGrannan, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Activity Reporting error non-existent device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that a non-existent device is showing in the activity reporting. As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from Manage device limits for all family accounts, I suggest you to try removing the device from the child account
    and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the child account.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Click on show details for the device that is non-existing.
    4. Click on More actions.
    5. Click on Remove PC.
    6. Click on I’m ready to remove this PC and click on
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 24, 2020
  4. My device does not exist

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

My device does not exist

1. My device does not exist - Similar Threads - device does exist

2. "A device which does not exist was specified"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A device which does not exist was specified": "A device which does not exist was specified" this massage come when I try to copy file from my phone to my desktop computer via cable . Please help. My operating system: Windows 10...
  3. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  4. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  6. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...
  9. A Device Specified Does Not Exist Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A Device Specified Does Not Exist Message: Hi all, I have plugged in a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive When I go into disk manager, it says: "Disk 1 Not Initialized" When I go to initialize it, it says " A Device Specified Does Not Exist " How do I fix this? Thanks....
  10. (WiFi) Device does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    (WiFi) Device does not exist: Hi. Recently, I've been having a problem while connecting to a WiFi network. Sometimes, after pressing connect, the network button in the taskbar would suddenly have a red X-mark on it and the options for turning off/on WiFi and mobile hotspot would disappear, along with a...