Windows 10: My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

Discus and support My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and taskbar is u responsive what do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by terna chen, May 18, 2023.

1. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and taskbar is u responsive what do I do?

:)

terna chen, May 18, 2023

2. Class not registered error

I am facing an issue of class not registered...whenever i try to open my start menu it doesn't...i tried to open my settings app..it says explorer.exe class not registered....same goes when i open edge and any photo....i tried many solutions..restarting
    explorer...setting default apps....cmd sfc scan....please help me...

ayushpaikra, May 18, 2023
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    class not registered

Hi Sheila,

The error Class Not Registered may affect many applications. It can be due to changed changes on the Default apps. We'd like to ask the following to help us out on this:

• Can you elaborate the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Are you able to tell us when did this happened and how long is this ongoing?
    • Were there any newly installed applications or updates applied on the device?
    • Do you have another user account we can use on your device?

Erika Aro, May 18, 2023
  4. tarn_55 Win User

My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, May 18, 2023
Thema:

My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

1. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and... - Similar Threads - device doesn't open

2. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...: My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and taskbar is u responsive what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-doesnt-open-apps-anymore-settings-and/e64a2222-30ee-4345-92ac-cf63033e436b
  3. My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and...: My device doesn't open apps anymore, settings and other apps say class not registered and taskbar is u responsive what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-doesnt-open-apps-anymore-settings-and/e64a2222-30ee-4345-92ac-cf63033e436b
  4. Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps: I was playing GTA 5 and i wanted to check something in the settings of windows 10 and i got an error message from explorer.exe saying Class is not registered. How can i fix this? i ran sfc /scannow but that did nothing, i rebooted windows and i also reinstalled all apps with...
  5. Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps

Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps: I was playing GTA 5 and i wanted to check something in the settings of windows 10 and i got an error message from explorer.exe saying Class is not registered. How can i fix this? i ran sfc /scannow but that did nothing, i rebooted windows and i also reinstalled all apps with...
  6. Photos app doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  7. Photos app doesn't open anymore

Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  8. Try to open various apps, given "explorer.exe, class not registered"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Try to open various apps, given "explorer.exe, class not registered": The most frustrating of the apps that I cannot open is Settings, so there is no way for me to navigate around updates and such to see if that is the problem. Most apps that have been downloaded through a browser work well, such as spotify, steam, discord, etc; so I figure it...
  9. ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff

in Windows 10 Support
    ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff: So, I managed to corrupt one of my installations of W10, on this machine, currently, in the profile user that I made, the windows button (start button) does nothing, search does nothing, and notifications (thing on right of date time) does nothing. If I enable the...
  10. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143