Windows 10: My device doesn't want to read Cd

Discus and support My device doesn't want to read Cd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Pc will not play any CDs or DVD. I don't use it much but today I need to use it doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KateRodriguez1, Nov 19, 2018.

1. My device doesn't want to read Cd

My Pc will not play any CDs or DVD. I don't use it much but today I need to use it doesn't work

:)

KateRodriguez1, Nov 19, 2018

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Nov 19, 2018
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 19, 2018
  4. CyrrusV Win User

My device doesn't want to read Cd

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

My device doesn't want to read Cd

1. My device doesn't want to read Cd - Similar Threads - device doesn't read

2. cannot read cd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot read cd: cd dvd drive recognised cant read audiobook in content file manager am partially sighted have a large audiobook collection on mp3 cdsto transfer to my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-cd/286a48ae-a8ac-4a73-80f9-38bc5e6f7427
  3. cannot read cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot read cd: cd dvd drive recognised cant read audiobook in content file manager am partially sighted have a large audiobook collection on mp3 cdsto transfer to my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-cd/286a48ae-a8ac-4a73-80f9-38bc5e6f7427
  4. My lap top will not read CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My lap top will not read CD: My lap top will not read CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lap-top-will-not-read-cd/5c1aa7c6-317a-4be3-8a9b-474c989ba648
  5. external cd/dvd doesn't read correctly

external cd/dvd doesn't read correctly: My old Win10 Dell operates my external dvd writer perfectly but my new Win10 HP laptop won't. It sees it but won't. When I try to access on File Explorer a window opens asking "How do you want to use the disk?" It offers two options: "Like a Flash Drive" and "With a...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't read my CD's

Windows 10 doesn't read my CD's: I found a workaround! In Win 10 the CD is not seen the most of the times a CD or DVD is inserted in the tray. Something goes wrong with what formerly was Interrupt call that now doesn't seem to work anymore. So I tried to make a workaround for every CD I insert!!! To...
  7. Windows 10 Doesn't Read My CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Doesn't Read My CD: I have a number of blank cds that I've burnt music to. For some time any music download software has been able to read those cds. Now that I've had Windows 10 they won't read. I have an external cd disk drive connected to my laptop. I have tried just about every possible...
  8. My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager

My CD/DVD drive doesn't appear in the Device Manager: Hello there, I Have a problem. Three days ago I inserted an DVD on my laptop. He didn't appear in File Explorer, so, I uninstalled the driver. The Driver name is MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E1. I restarted my PC after uninstall, to reinstall the Driver. But, unfortunately, he...
  9. cd rom doesnt read cd

cd rom doesnt read cd: how can I get my cd rom to read my cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-read-cd/3669775c-9782-4b91-8cb8-963e4c4f60dc
  10. Could this CD be read

Could this CD be read: [img] So i hear once a cd is broke in half it can never be read again. why is that. i know the cd has to spin. If you take a dime sized piece of the memory layer from a broke cd and place it or tape it to a whole cd and place it in a PC like the pic above why wouldnt it read...