Windows 10: My Device Got Infected

Discus and support My Device Got Infected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G recently and not knowing the phone, went on Google Play Store to download an uninstall app. I downloaded the first... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Richard D Carter, Nov 21, 2020.

1. My Device Got Infected

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G recently and not knowing the phone, went on Google Play Store to download an uninstall app. I downloaded the first one. I opened it to install it on my phone and it immediately downloaded 45 apps to my phone and after that took over the phone. I couldn't even turn it off. It erase my main account, a hotmail account, took all my bank cards and record, Went into the gmail account I was using and took all of my saved accounts passwords 121 of them and then gave them all the same simple password. Google, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy and the rest of them. All my apps were gone and replaced with theirs. And it kept getting worse. Finally turn off wifi at home. I set it back to factory settings and began to clean up. Call the bank and credit company's and turned it off All the time I was doing all this I was syncing to my computer. When I got on it I found the mess.

10 min later the phone was back to what it was. Messed up. Took it to Verizon where I bought it and tried to explain it to an eighteen year old. I'm 72 and been in computers since the late 80's She said no problem I'll set it back to factory and I said I already did that and it's back. I went thru Samsung support. They said take it to Verison. But I had installed Norton 360 Ultimate. Went through that like butter. I was on the phone with them slowly walking up to 7 levels. Around 7 solid hours with the big guys and girls they got into my phone saw the damaged and zapped Android programs and we moved things around and was sent to their last guy. The support was great with me. I got off the phones with Norton after about 9 hours. I was sweating. Looked at the computer and not too bad because it's Windows 10. Went to bed, I don't sleep mich and at 5:06 an the phone lites up beeping beeping and it went back to trashed. I haven't called Norton back yet. I have blocked any more damage. And shut off the wifi, bluetooth and so on. When I turned it on at 5 am this morning, It was like dozens of people going through the gate. I shut it off. I usually use less the a gig of data. They had used over 29 GIGs. I have Unlimited coverage. Any suggestions?

[Original Title: Malicious Hacker]

:)

Richard D Carter, Nov 21, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 21, 2020
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

My Device Got Infected

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

My Device Got Infected

1. My Device Got Infected - Similar Threads - Device Got Infected

2. Trojan infected device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan infected device: Hello, recently my device got infected by trojan and virus due to an irresponsible download. The software ran a script and took control of google accounts logged in on the Opera GX browser. The virus uploaded videos on YouTube channels of those google accounts and got them...
  3. Trojan infected device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan infected device: Hello, recently my device got infected by trojan and virus due to an irresponsible download. The software ran a script and took control of google accounts logged in on the Opera GX browser. The virus uploaded videos on YouTube channels of those google accounts and got them...
  4. All of my devices are infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All of my devices are infected: I have several computers hp's, a dell a mini pc and they are all infected. The infection is hidden extremely well. I let Microsoft commect remotely and they couldn't find anything wrong. None of the virus software is finding anything and of course resetting it does nothing....
  5. Got infected by ransomware after chkdsk

Got infected by ransomware after chkdsk: Hello, Today when i start my pc there was a windows 7 chkdsk on windows 10 like this :- so i let it complete it took almost 4 hous after that t the computer restarted and i was greeted with a ransomware instead of windows [ATTACH] [ATTACH]how to remove this ****...
  6. My Device Got Infected With Malicious Hackers

My Device Got Infected With Malicious Hackers: I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G recently and not knowing the phone, went on Google Play Store to download an uninstall app. I downloaded the first one. I opened it to install it on my phone and it immediately downloaded 45 apps to my phone and after that took over the...
  7. i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info"

i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info": i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info" and the windows defender cant detect it, so i just blocked it on google chome, am i safe now or these things keep running on background?...
  8. I got a notification that my device is infected.

I got a notification that my device is infected.: Is this a scam or is it legitimate? What should I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-notification-that-my-device-is-infected/414b7e01-d080-42d5-a70e-80325e6c5023"
  9. Possible Network/Device Infection

Possible Network/Device Infection: Hi, recently i noticed a command prompt window (terminal shell script) running a script on startup occasionally. After noticing this occurrence multiple times on multiple devices, i decided to reformat my machine. After reformatting my machine, the same instance happened one...
  10. My Powershell got infected by MSIL/Bladabindi!!!

My Powershell got infected by MSIL/Bladabindi!!!: well i'm using windows 10 my pc got infected by MSIL/Bladabindi... and for the worst it infected my powershell somehow my windows defender detect it and ask me to restart my pc to remove the backdoor i already restart my pc for more than 20 times, and the backdoor (a.k.a...