Windows 10: My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...

Discus and support My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I got my lenovo Yoga c940 I logged into to my school account, as well as a personal. But the school account first -- I have added the device to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paigeb15, May 21, 2022.

1. paigeb15 Win User

My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...

When I got my lenovo Yoga c940 I logged into to my school account, as well as a personal. But the school account first -- I have added the device to my personal account given I don't have access to the school Office360 longer. When I go to remove the device on my student account there is no prompt to "forget device" or "remove device" it only prompts me to "disable lost device" or to access my bitlocker settings. I want to remove the device given I had a bitlocker shut out for 3 months and just finally regained access to the student account -- the IT department at my former school is lacking a

:)

paigeb15, May 21, 2022

2. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location Add a device to your Microsoft account I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, May 21, 2022
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 21, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device... - Similar Threads - device laptop saved

2. I presumably registered my personal laptop as a school device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I presumably registered my personal laptop as a school device.: Hi, hope you are having a good day. :Today, I woke up to my laptop not letting me log into my personal account, making me not able to access any of my files.A 'Microsoft Account' window does pop up when I click on the 'Log in' button. But there's no content in it, it's just a...
  3. I presumably registered my personal laptop as a school device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I presumably registered my personal laptop as a school device.: Hi, hope you are having a good day. :Today, I woke up to my laptop not letting me log into my personal account, making me not able to access any of my files.A 'Microsoft Account' window does pop up when I click on the 'Log in' button. But there's no content in it, it's just a...
  4. How to remove a work or school account from my device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a work or school account from my device?: I've tried multiple solutions but none have worked.I had a friend use my laptop and they put their account in, this was long ago and they've left the organization so now I'm trying to remove the account but nothing seems to be working.There is a 'remove' button under account...
  5. How to remove a work or school account from my device?

How to remove a work or school account from my device?: I've tried multiple solutions but none have worked.I had a friend use my laptop and they put their account in, this was long ago and they've left the organization so now I'm trying to remove the account but nothing seems to be working.There is a 'remove' button under account...
  6. My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...: When I got my lenovo Yoga c940 I logged into to my school account, as well as a personal. But the school account first -- I have added the device to my personal account given I don't have access to the school Office360 longer. When I go to remove the device on my student...
  7. My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My device laptop is saved on my personal and school accounts - how to do I remove my device...: When I got my lenovo Yoga c940 I logged into to my school account, as well as a personal. But the school account first -- I have added the device to my personal account given I don't have access to the school Office360 longer. When I go to remove the device on my student...
  8. Cannot remove device from my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove device from my school account: Hello,Recently I had an issue with my laptop so I switched over to a friends for a few days. I am a University student so I have been given an account that is able to use the Office apps such as Outlook and whatnot. Anyway, this is an account that I use for strictly my...
  9. Cannot remove device from my school account

Cannot remove device from my school account: Hello,Recently I had an issue with my laptop so I switched over to a friends for a few days. I am a University student so I have been given an account that is able to use the Office apps such as Outlook and whatnot. Anyway, this is an account that I use for strictly my...
  10. Cannot remove device from my school account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security