Windows 10: My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...

Discus and support My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone help me please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brian mburu, Mar 11, 2023.

1. My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...

Can someone help me please

:)

brian mburu, Mar 11, 2023

2. Stolen Computer! Need help with lock my device!

Recently my surface pro 6 was stolen and my only access to it has been on my account login. I've tried locking the device at least 5-10 times a day and each and every time I get a message that reads, "Unable to lock your device at this time. We will email
    you when we are able to do so." I do have a face recognition and pin lock but still wanted to remotely lock the device.

Finally 2 nights ago, the culprit had turned my computer on and I saw its location. The sheriff department then went to the address but unfortunately the tracking system only puts you in a radius of where the device is actually located and it was not found.

After being transferred 6 times on the phone and 1 dropped call, I have been told I am out of luck and there is no way to lock my computer from Microsoft supports end. My question is, what is the point of the lock my device feature? How is this even possible????

Then it was suggested for me to cancel my account on that computer.....so then someone can just reboot and enjoy my old computer?

Microsoft, what in the world?

Sorry, but just needed to vent :/

pbrown021891, Mar 11, 2023
  3. Massage lock

hey !

Is there any way that i can lock my massages with password that no one can read it without password ?

LoveneshPatel, Mar 11, 2023
  4. My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...

“Lock” function not working

I got my laptop stolen a few weeks ago and just found out about the find my device and lock options. I tried to lock my stolen device however I get the error message saying the device is unable to lock. In the my devices page it does say the computer is dead so is this the problem? Or is there any other way to lock it?

Iona Nicole, Mar 11, 2023
Thema:

My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...

1. My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it... - Similar Threads - device was stolen

2. I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it...: I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it on and connect to the internet? I did enter a PIN code to access it before it was stolen....
  3. I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it...: I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it on and connect to the internet? I did enter a PIN code to access it before it was stolen....
  4. I’ve tried to remotely lock my stolen device. Will it lock if someone does try to turn it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...: Can someone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-was-stolen-2-weeks-ago-but-when-i-try/ecd9d936-becf-4061-b0de-cbfd43a5b300
  6. My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...

My device was stolen 2 weeks ago but when I try locking it I always get the massage that it...: Can someone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-was-stolen-2-weeks-ago-but-when-i-try/ecd9d936-becf-4061-b0de-cbfd43a5b300
  7. I need to lock my stolen device or wipe the data completely

I need to lock my stolen device or wipe the data completely: My laptop was stolen yesterday. I have been trying since then to lock my device or wipe out the data. But couldn't do it because my find my device option was disabled. What should i do now? There were my personal data and sensitive work documents available in the laptop. It's...
  8. I need to lock my stolen device or wipe the data completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to lock my stolen device or wipe the data completely: My laptop was stolen yesterday. I have been trying since then to lock my device or wipe out the data. But couldn't do it because my find my device option was disabled. What should i do now? There were my personal data and sensitive work documents available in the laptop. It's...
  9. I need to lock my stolen device or wipe the data completely

10. Can I lock my stolen laptop !

Can I lock my stolen laptop !: Is it possible to lock my stolen Laptop I've tried to on my account devices but doesn't seem to work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-lock-my-stolen-laptop/09a29f9e-44b5-4136-bdee-03c3d199b5b6"