Windows 10: my devices are failing

Discus and support my devices are failing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 is not recognizing the microphone. I really don't know what happens with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MonicaJacobs, Oct 26, 2019.

1. my devices are failing

My windows 10 is not recognizing the microphone. I really don't know what happens with this

:)

MonicaJacobs, Oct 26, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 26, 2019
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Oct 26, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

my devices are failing

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

my devices are failing

1. my devices are failing - Similar Threads - devices are failing

2. All USB devices fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB devices fail: Hello! My problem is really annoying and makes me lose a lot of work and progress. A few years ago my mouse started disconnecting from the computer, but there was no sign of damage and it happened with other mouses too. After maybe 2 weeks it stopped, but about half a year...
  3. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a nice gaming mouse and then it randomly stops working, I've checked the mouse and there is nothing wrong with it, I've tried many options from youtube and even from this site, please help find an actually helpful answer that actually works....
  4. unknown USB Device Device Descriptor fail

unknown USB Device Device Descriptor fail: hello i am having an issue with my pc not recognizing keyboards i have tried different usb ports and different keyboards even tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers via device manager i have tried lots of different troubleshooting techniques and my pc doesn't recognize an...
  5. Onedrive failed to synchronise on my device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive failed to synchronise on my device: Onedrive is not working anymore and backing up my files and folders. This happend after a system restore to fix my external microphone. Windows is continuously malfunctioning in an attempt to fix another problem. However I am planning to factory settings....
  6. Device descriptor failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device descriptor failed: USB 3.0 not working. Device descriptor failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-descriptor-failed/a499662c-e63b-4c6b-9e06-98e8e53c16c7
  7. Fail to adjust volume with my bluetooth device

Fail to adjust volume with my bluetooth device: I need some help in resolving my JBL device volume adjusting. I am using LENOVO Ideapad 310 14ikb. What issues I am facing is I am unable to adjust my JBL Flip 5 speaker volume. However, I can mute the speaker using the keyboard shortcuts. I found that I am unable to open the...
  8. Microsoft help failing to find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft help failing to find my device: I lost my laptop in school it was stolen at night, since i linked it to my outlook account i tried to get its current location through Microsoft help site where i used the find device option when i clicked on find but it couldn't and it said We can’t locate your device right...
  9. Windows fails to recognize my streaming devices 1903

Windows fails to recognize my streaming devices 1903: I'm trying to stream the movies I have on my PC to my 4K TV stick and Xbox One X. In the "other devices" window, my streaming devices says "not connected" although the devices are on and I have all the streaming options enabled on my PC. I've been streaming from my PC to my...
  10. Connection to device failed

Connection to device failed: Can someone please help?? Device Manager "sees" my Sony Bravia but when I Cast to it, I constantly get "Connection to Device Failed" error message. Did the usual and updated all drivers etc to no avail. This used to work but have not used it for over a year. Thank you...