Windows 10: My devices cannot see each other under home network

Discus and support My devices cannot see each other under home network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use two devices (the laptop and MacBook Air) connected to my Home Wi-Fi. However these computers are not able to see each when connected through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErnestFarmer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. My devices cannot see each other under home network

I use two devices (the laptop and MacBook Air) connected to my Home Wi-Fi. However these computers are not able to see each when connected through Wi-Fi

:)

ErnestFarmer, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

My devices cannot see each other under home network [​IMG]

putermaker, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Mystere Win User

My devices cannot see each other under home network

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

My devices cannot see each other under home network

1. My devices cannot see each other under home network - Similar Threads - devices cannot each

2. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  3. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  4. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see other pc on home network

Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  6. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  7. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  8. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  9. PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network

PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network: Hello all I have 2 pc with windows 10 pro build 1809 The unit can see itself or other devices under explores network. In both cased I have mapped shared folder on my 2 NAS. In the task bar I can add the address of the attached devices and will show the shared folders in...
  10. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...