Windows 10: My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...

Discus and support My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used PC and it is actually my first PC. For sound I tried to plug my wired headphone to the SKR audio jack; I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fiqdee, Nov 3, 2020.

1. fiqdee Win User

My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used PC and it is actually my first PC.

For sound I tried to plug my wired headphone to the SKR audio jack;

I use Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device as my playback device;

It has sound but even after I maxed out the volume it is still not loud as usual. Very Low.

I've checked my wired headphone on my phone, the sound is normal and good.

So I use my wired headphone at the audio jack on my monitor; playback device named PF24SS IntelR Display Audio

The sound works perfectly.

But when I switched back to Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device as my playback device,

the sound is still low.

Please help me resolve this matter, anyone.

Thanks in advance.

:)

fiqdee, Nov 3, 2020

2. Audio device detected as Digital audio (S/pdif) high definition audio device (NO AUDIO)

My audio device used to only be named High quality audio device but after moving to another part of my house I was presented with the new audio name (Digital audio (S/pdif) high definition audio device) and now I have no audio

Alejandro Rios_101, Nov 3, 2020
  3. AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

John,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the sound playback device was greyed out again this morning and reads: "AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In".

Once again, uninstalling AMD High Definition Audio Device and deleting the driver in the Device Manager and rebooting brought the sound device back.

Any other ideas?

Nada Realname, Nov 3, 2020
  4. kleph Win User

My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other...

Realtek High Definition Audio and High Definition Audio Device missing

Hello,
    Basic info:
    I'm using a Dell G5 15 gaming notebook with Windows 10 for about half a year. Pretty early on I got sound problems such as occasional static sound, static sound when playing yt video and a game at the same time and such. I found a fix to this by going to the Device Manager and changing High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio which would fix it for some time and then I'd have to do it again.
    Problem:
    But now I don't have Realtek High Definition Audio nor High Definition Audio Device in the device manager, I only have Realtek Audio. ( and Intel display audio, NVIDIA high definition audio, NVIDIA virtual audio device, but I don't think these are relevant) So the sound is low quality, muffled and there's the occasional static sound. I tried installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver from the original Dell G5 15 site, so it should be compatible, the installation goes well, but there is no change in the actual audio. Looking for help on how to fix this. Thanks

kleph, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. My Digital Audio S/PDIF High Definition Audio Device Has Sound But Not As Loud As Other... - Similar Threads - Digital Audio PDIF

2. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  3. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  4. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After windows 11 updated....My digital audio s/pdif High Definitaion Audio Device had no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows 11 updated....My digital audio s/pdif High Definitaion Audio Device had no...: After i updated to windows 11,When i'm going to use digital audio for capture in-game sound with OBS ,Yah it recorded the in-game sound while that i can't hear anything while Streaming and Recording .But PROBLEM IS IF I SWITCH TO SET DEFAULT digital audio, IT STILL NO SOUND...
  6. After windows 11 updated....My digital audio s/pdif High Definitaion Audio Device had no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows 11 updated....My digital audio s/pdif High Definitaion Audio Device had no...: After i updated to windows 11,When i'm going to use digital audio for capture in-game sound with OBS ,Yah it recorded the in-game sound while that i can't hear anything while Streaming and Recording .But PROBLEM IS IF I SWITCH TO SET DEFAULT digital audio, IT STILL NO SOUND...
  7. I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF: Please someone help me! Since i update windows 10 i can't hear sound. Please anyone can solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-from-digital-audio-spdif/9acff193-acba-45e1-ba4e-02989eb86022
  8. Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO: My audio device used to only be named High quality audio device but after moving to another part of my house I was presented with the new audio name Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device and now I have no audio...
  9. Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud

Output device "Digital Audio S/PDIF" not playing sound out loud: My problem is in the title. For more information: I put Windows on an older iMac and therefore this computer has iMac hardware. This version of Windows isn't activated yet. When I click the Volume button (and toy with the Volume %) the device shows audio playing, however, I...
  10. Sound Volume problem when using digital audio (s/pdif) listening devic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Volume problem when using digital audio (s/pdif) listening devic: No one else has had this problem? I recognize this issue from other people with similar issues. I don't use optical nor digital output so, I can't help much... I think your driver/audio output is set to passthrough rather than going via some sort of mixer or similar....