Windows 10: my discs with games are not running

Discus and support my discs with games are not running in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have discs with Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion which I’m desperately trying to run. I even downloaded a digital version of these... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MartinDöhms, Nov 28, 2018.

1. my discs with games are not running

I have discs with Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 2 Expansion which I’m desperately trying to run. I even downloaded a digital version of these games but received an error code when I tried to unzip them.

:)

MartinDöhms, Nov 28, 2018

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 28, 2018
  4. my discs with games are not running

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

my discs with games are not running

1. my discs with games are not running - Similar Threads - discs games are

2. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  3. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  4. Can't install game disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game disc: New Windows 11 desktop; Installing Sims2, I installed 13 discs, but the final 5 discs won't install, get error "This app has been blocked for your protection". I AM admin, tried turning off security - didn't help. In-home and remote "help" - consisted of 13 hours and 9...
  5. Can't install game disc

Can't install game disc: New Windows 11 desktop; Installing Sims2, I installed 13 discs, but the final 5 discs won't install, get error "This app has been blocked for your protection". I AM admin, tried turning off security - didn't help. In-home and remote "help" - consisted of 13 hours and 9...
  6. Issues with Disc Based Games

Issues with Disc Based Games: I recently installed a game on my computer using a CD. I have recently uninstalled the game to reinstall it using custom settings rather than express but any time I double click the icon on the disc tray area it just starts the game as if it is still installed on my computer....
  7. Issues with Disc Based Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Disc Based Games: I recently installed a game on my computer using a CD. I have recently uninstalled the game to reinstall it using custom settings rather than express but any time I double click the icon on the disc tray area it just starts the game as if it is still installed on my computer....
  8. Game disc wont play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game disc wont play: Farming simulator disc worked fine yesterday.today it opens to main screen then goes blank and switches to windows home screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have opened the cd section and deleted it so it recognised the driver when i reinstalled the game. I have...
  9. Insert game disc for FS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insert game disc for FS2020: I installed FS2020 a few day after release from the store. All was working well until 28-9-20. Now I am asked to insert the disc which I do not possess. I have followed the suggestion in other threads by uninstalling the Digital Ownership and reinstalling. This did not work....
  10. running a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    running a disc: I am trying to download fromTurbo Tax. not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-a-disc/2b4c3741-8a74-4341-a25d-fc4af4f692d1"