Windows 10: My disk D is missing

Discus and support My disk D is missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10, and for a while, my PC was taking a long time to start up, to be more specific, about 5 minutes. I got tired of it and decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lukas GT, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Lukas GT Win User

My disk D is missing

I'm using Windows 10, and for a while, my PC was taking a long time to start up, to be more specific, about 5 minutes. I got tired of it and decided to try to fix it by running startup repair, which, as expected, it failed, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that it gave me the location of the log file, which was in disk D: which I don't think I have. Here's everything it said:Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC.Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC, or "Shut down" to turn off your PC.Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txtI can't access the log

:)

Lukas GT, Mar 19, 2023

2. local disk D is missing

my disk D is missing and when i check at the disk management, it's not there too. i tried troubleshooting and else but still no sign of disk D. it happened before but a few days after that it suddenly appeared.

luqmanhakim2, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Mar 19, 2023
  4. My disk D is missing

Local Disk D Is Missing

My local disk D is missing from my pc, i know there are many questions like mine,but other questions were solved by going to disk manager and adding the disk from there,however,on my HP laptop i can't find local disk D even after i do disk rescan from disk
    manager so can anybody help please?

i will qoute a screenshot of my disk manager.

I am running windows 10 on HP laptop.
    My disk D is missing 70c746b3-7124-4959-83e4-e99aa4dca85e?upload=true.png

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

HaidarMehsen, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

My disk D is missing

1. My disk D is missing - Similar Threads - disk missing

2. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  3. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  4. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  5. Disk partition missing on startup

Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  6. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD partition missing not even found in disk management: Background: I bought this laptop a few years back, came with 1x 1TB SSD. I went ahead and split the SSD up into 2 parts, C drive for the windows essential items and D drive for everything else. Computer some times shows "location is not available" pop up at startup but a...
  8. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD partition missing not even found in disk management: Background: I bought this laptop a few years back, came with 1x 1TB SSD. I went ahead and split the SSD up into 2 parts, C drive for the windows essential items and D drive for everything else. Computer some times shows "location is not available" pop up at startup but a...
  9. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

10. While installing Windows: How to recover data from a cleaned disk?/ Media driver missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While installing Windows: How to recover data from a cleaned disk?/ Media driver missing?: I was installing windows 10 on an old Lenovo i have that runs linux and accidently cleaned the primary drive in the diskpart command thing. I don't remember why but my other two hard drives could not be used for whatever reason. or maybe i just figured that in my own...