Windows 10: My Disk Drive D Is Missing

Discus and support My Disk Drive D Is Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I reset my laptop because of a virus and now I can't see my disk D Which Had 1TB Storage. What Should I Do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammad Hamza :, Oct 1, 2021.

1. My Disk Drive D Is Missing

Hi, I reset my laptop because of a virus and now I can't see my disk D Which Had 1TB Storage. What Should I Do?

:)

Muhammad Hamza :, Oct 1, 2021
  2. GrantFed Win User

Woke up to a missing D Drive

I keep my files on a D Drive (Internal Hard Drive) on a Dell Desktop

I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing

Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up

I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately

Please walk me through steps to get this back

GrantFed, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 1, 2021
  4. v_realo Win User

My Disk Drive D Is Missing

Woke up to a missing D Drive

Hi GrantFed,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand your D drive is missing. Let me help you with this.

There are several reasons why the harddrive will not be detected, and these are the steps of troubleshooting I recommend:

Solution 1:

Step 1. Right-click on Start, click "Device Manager".

Step 2. Expand Disk driver and locate the hard drive which cannot be detected by Windows.

Step 3. Right-click on the disk and select "Update Driver Software" from context menu.

Update Driver

Step 4. If there are any updates, follow further instructions to update the disk driver.

Solution 2. Uninstall and reconnect the second hard drive

In addition to updating the disk driver, you can try to uninstall and reconnect the external hard drive to get Windows 10 detect it.

Step 1. Enter the Device Manager interface as solution 1.

Step 2. Double click Disk Driver to expand it.

Step 3. Right-click on the second hard drive and select “Uninstall”.

Uninstall Disk Driver

Step 4. Reboot your computer after uninstalling this disk is finished and plug in the hard drive again.

I hope this will help you solve your concern if not, let me know and let's work on it together.

I believe that these steps will help you solve this issue you have. If not, kindly contact me and let me know.

v_realo, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

My Disk Drive D Is Missing

1. My Disk Drive D Is Missing - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Missing

2. My disk D is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My disk D is missing: I'm using Windows 10, and for a while, my PC was taking a long time to start up, to be more specific, about 5 minutes. I got tired of it and decided to try to fix it by running startup repair, which, as expected, it failed, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that it gave...
  3. My disk D is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disk D is missing: I'm using Windows 10, and for a while, my PC was taking a long time to start up, to be more specific, about 5 minutes. I got tired of it and decided to try to fix it by running startup repair, which, as expected, it failed, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that it gave...
  4. My disk D is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My D Drive is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D Drive is missing.: My D Drive is not showing in This PC. I tried initialising it through diskmgmt.msc but Data Error cyclic redundancy check occurs. When I run chkdsk in command prompt Administrator, cannot open volume for direct access is shown....
  6. My D Drive is missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D Drive is missing.: My D Drive is not showing in This PC. I tried initialising it through diskmgmt.msc but Data Error cyclic redundancy check occurs. When I run chkdsk in command prompt Administrator, cannot open volume for direct access is shown....
  7. My D Drive is Missing

My D Drive is Missing: So my d drive has been missing for a long time now, I have ignored it for a while but now I need to delete something that was originally stored in the d drive, but its now missing along with it. The only trace of the drive is this symbol that is in my quick access in file...
  8. Missing D: External Disk Drive

Missing D: External Disk Drive: Hi, I've had my AlienWare PC for about 4 months now, and recently I can't find my external hard drive. My OS C: is still here, but My D: drive is missing, and I can't find it in File Explorer or Device Manager. Please help....
  9. My D drive is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D drive is missing: [ATTACH] I opened my computer today and I found that my D drive is missing. I watched couple of youtube vidoes to fix it but i can't find the D drive in the Computer Management also. Can anyone help me fix it?...
  10. My :D Drive is missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My :D Drive is missing.: I need help. I can't find my :D drive, I have been looking for a while now and none of the solutions I have seen, seem to work. I believe that it disappeared after an update. I realised this morning when I opened my laptop that some of the shortcuts of games on my computer...