Windows 10: My disk is always at 100%

Discus and support My disk is always at 100% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everybody, first let me start by saying that this laptop was my parents and not mine. They bought one better so they gave me this one and I reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrazyVenezuelan, Jul 15, 2020.

1. My disk is always at 100%

Hello everybody, first let me start by saying that this laptop was my parents and not mine. They bought one better so they gave me this one and I reset laptop and I notice I was getting 100% disk without even doing or downloading something. I asked my parents and they told me that they knew and it was always like that since they bought it 2 years ago. Does anyone know why and a solution to this?

submitted by /u/CrazyVenezuelan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrazyVenezuelan, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Always 100% disk usage

I have a laptop that always runs on 100% disk usage, even though I am not running any program. I checked using the task manager and it is always the 'system' program. I had scanned my computer and there is no malware. I also disabled the 'get tips, tricks,
    and suggestions as you use windows' as well. Do you have any solutions?

Specs:

CPU i5-6200U

RAM 4GB DDR4

Disk WDC WD10JPCX-24UE4T0

Edward lai16, Jul 15, 2020
  4. My disk is always at 100%

my laptop always shows task manager disk usage 100%.

my laptop always shows task manager disk usage 100%. I am using windows 10 and I already tried your suggestion but till my problem not solve.

KishorNarayankar, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

My disk is always at 100%

1. My disk is always at 100% - Similar Threads - disk always 100%

2. Disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage always 100%: I am aware that this question has been asked in many other places, but I still cannot solve the disk usage problem 100%. I tried everything online, but this problem keeps popping up. Please help....
  3. Disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage always 100%: I am aware that this question has been asked in many other places, but I still cannot solve the disk usage problem 100%. I tried everything online, but this problem keeps popping up. Please help....
  4. Disk always at 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk always at 100%: My disk is always at 100% so I decided to reset my pc. But unfortunately, it is still 100% no matter what. Open chrome 100%, open AV 100%, open office 100%. When standby, system 100%. Memory is at 70%-80% and some processor goes up too. What could be the problem? What if I...
  5. My Disk is always 100 %

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Disk is always 100 %: In task manager my laptop shows disk 100% always. I tried all the method recommended but its not working. How to solve this one and why it shows disk 100%?. And please share what happens if it always 100 %....
  6. Nearly always at 100% disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearly always at 100% disk: My PC is nearly always at 100% disk usage, it's either "system" or "Antimalware service executable" or "Sysmain". It's always something, I always do the updates, restarts when it asks, etc. Yet, every day is another one, surely windows 10 isn't updating every day, so what is...
  7. disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk usage always 100%: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. recently i noticed that my disk usage remains always 100% and my pc frequently freezes and even when starting the animated circle keep freezing but starts. what can i do to fix this?plz help. i didnt have this problem before. i...
  8. Disk Usage at 100% Always

Disk Usage at 100% Always: Hey all! I have noticed many times in task manager that Disk Usage is displayed as 100% even when CPU usage is less than 25%, So my question is "Is my laptop's drive having too much load and command and stuff to handle that it need to run at full capacity or is it running at...
  9. Disk Usage always 100%

Disk Usage always 100%: I understand that this question has been asked in many other places but I still cant solve the 100% disk usage problem. I’ve tried everything online and even reinstalled windows but this problem just keeps coming back. Please help....
  10. Disk Utilization always at 100%

Disk Utilization always at 100%: My pc always seems to show its disk utilization at 100 percent. I've tried shutting down my anti-virus, superfetch, and windows search. It just doesn't go down. It takes an ion for the computer to start up and it is very frustrating. What else can I try?? Any help...