Windows 10: My disk is always so high in the task manager

Discus and support My disk is always so high in the task manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't know how when but it always says that my disk is at least on 80-99%I don't feel secure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArvydasGiknius, May 13, 2022.

1. My disk is always so high in the task manager

I don't know how when but it always says that my disk is at least on 80-99%I don't feel secure

:)

ArvydasGiknius, May 13, 2022
  2. Daron1067 Win User

wsappx high disk windows 10 home and task manager not working correctly

i have an issue - wsappx high disk windows 10 and task manager not working correctly - i have tryied a number of suggested fixes with no joy - i am planning on upgrading to windows pro will this resolve the issue anyway?

Daron1067, May 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10: 100% disk utilization in the Task Manger after Start up.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with high hard disk usage in the task manager . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "it goes back to a higher usage", is hard disk percentage increases to 100% percentage or up to certain high level? Is there is any variation in hard disk percentage when run different application on Windows 10?
    • When you say that "problem saving u post them for others", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check for any system changes in the computer and also update all the Windows updates.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the system maintenance troubleshooter. It will resolve the common system problems.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting

3. Then click on System and Security.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to update all the pending Windows updates on the computer and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with
    high hard disk usage in the task manager with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 13, 2022
  4. My disk is always so high in the task manager

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue My disk is always so high in the task manager :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, May 13, 2022
Thema:

My disk is always so high in the task manager

1. My disk is always so high in the task manager - Similar Threads - disk always high

2. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  3. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  4. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My disk is always so high in the task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disk is always so high in the task manager: I don't know how when but it always says that my disk is at least on 80-99%I don't feel secure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-always-so-high-in-the-task-manager/dcdf1ee8-9c0e-4efe-a428-ac08dc37f011
  6. My disk is always so high in the task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My disk is always so high in the task manager: I don't know how when but it always says that my disk is at least on 80-99%I don't feel secure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-always-so-high-in-the-task-manager/dcdf1ee8-9c0e-4efe-a428-ac08dc37f011
  7. task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY?

task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY?: I've been noticing my disk activity light on for long periods of time. I attached a screen shot of my task manager activity. It show 100% for a long time and also high CPU activity . Bitdefender is using about 400MB of memory. Could that be what is doing it? I'm not...
  8. why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager

why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager: I have 8 GB of ram on my PC. So I'd expect my ram usage to be at 100 percent when I'm around 8 GB in usage. But whenever I'm checking task manager, I'll have a couple programs open only using about 500 to 600 MB of memory, and it says that I'm using 50 percent of it. Not sure...
  9. Disk at Task Manager always show 100%

Disk at Task Manager always show 100%: Hello, I'm currently using Windows 10 and the disk usage at Task Manager always show 100% and affecting my computer because it slows down my computer. I did clean boot and disable temporary my Windows Search however it didn't had any affect at all. Can anyone help me to...
  10. Very high disk usage not attributed to any task in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high disk usage not attributed to any task in Task Manager: I have a machine whose disk is nearly always running at 99-100% usage (according to Task Manager) even though no individual tasks appear to be responsible. For instance there might be three tasks running at 0.1MB/s and the rest at 0MB/s, but the disk (a 7200GB 3.5 inch one)...