Windows 10: My disk is Dynamic!

Discus and support My disk is Dynamic! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trung KiênVN, Sep 16, 2020.

1. My disk is Dynamic!

Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data?

:)

Trung KiênVN, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Sep 16, 2020
  3. hello2012 Win User
    hello2012, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

My disk is Dynamic!

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

My disk is Dynamic!

1. My disk is Dynamic! - Similar Threads - disk Dynamic

2. Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition: I have a 4TB (1.2TB used) HDD that's failing and bought a brand new 2TB to replace it. For whatever reason, Windows decided it needed to be a dynamic disk when I formatted it. Thought nothing of it, continued for a few years. My problem is that I can't just copy and paste...
  3. My Dynamic Disk will not install my Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Dynamic Disk will not install my Windows: My computer sign in did not detect one of my operating systems. I uninstalled it and when I tried to re-install it, I got the message the disk was dynamic and I could not install on it. Neither can I delete or format it. Everything that converts Dynamic to Basic doesn't do...
  4. Dynamic Disk defaults to "Foreign" when switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Dual...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dynamic Disk defaults to "Foreign" when switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Dual...: I have a dual boot configuration set up with Windows 10 primary OS and Windows 7. Background: The dual-boot setup was previously working fine, until the Windows 10 dev team installed another one of their half-baked updates late June / early July 2020 and wrecked the entire...
  5. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  6. Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic

Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic: Hi everyone, I need help I was having troubles with one of mine external hard disks and while on the process of fixing it, I unwantedly turned my internal hard disk C:\ from basic to dynamic, is there a way to turn it back into basic?...
  7. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  8. Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk': Evening all, I recently found out my old HP Pavillion G6 Laptop 750gb hard drive which I have tried to access on my Dual-booted iMac (windows version 1903). However, in Disk Management is says 'Disk 2 - Dynamic - Invalid'. The option to Convert to Basic disc is greyed out...
  9. Uninstall ubuntu from dual boot from dynamic disk

Uninstall ubuntu from dual boot from dynamic disk: I have my laptop dual booted with Windows in basic drive ssd and ubuntu in dynamic drivehdd but now I wish to uninstall ubuntu. I followed some steps as they were given online: 1 In disk management in window I deleted partition where I had installed ubuntu. 2 I tried...
  10. Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor: [ATTACH] Not sure why this happens... Hopefully someone can help me solve this. This is the second system that it has occurred on for me. Back when I had a Win 7 Pro system with mirrored drives I distinctly remember both drives of a mirror showing in the resource monitor....