Windows 10: My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart

Discus and support My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I recently kept getting low storage notifications, and sure enough when I checked my disk space it was ~200MB. It was supposed to be 8GB, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DefinitelyGabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart

Hello. I recently kept getting low storage notifications, and sure enough when I checked my disk space it was ~200MB. It was supposed to be 8GB, so I restarted and it showed that the disk had 8GB of free space.Now it always happens after letting my laptop on for a longer period of time sometimes just 2 hours, and when it reaches under 200MB pages stop loading or games freeze.Please help. Thanks!

:)

DefinitelyGabriel, May 18, 2022

2. Disk or memory space

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. You may check which particular program is using the memory. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key + X, select task manager.

b) Click on the ‘processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

c) Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

One of the methods to solve the problem is to increase the virtual memory. Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each
    drive.

If the issue persists you can place the computer in a
    Clean Boot
    and check.

PeterPeng3, May 18, 2022
  3. 1 disk in 3 disk Simple Storage Space failed

Hi,

When you create a simple storage space, it will write data in a stripe across physical disks (in your case, 3 disks) without any extra copies or parity information. This type of storage space will not offer resiliency or data protection. Data corruption
    and data loss will occur when one of these drives fails.

Since simple space, or simple layout does not provide any data protection, it is best suited for use on files with backups, or users who are okay with losing or recreating the data if a disk fails.

You may still be able to recover your data using any third-party recovery tools but data integrity is not guaranteed.

We encourage you to check these articles for more information on Storage Spaces:

Feel free to ask the community should you have further questions. However, for more in-depth support regarding Storage Spaces, it is best to ask this on
    TechNet as this subject is beyond the scope of this forum.

Meliton Dec, May 18, 2022
  4. Joan Pin Win User

My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, May 18, 2022
Thema:

My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart

1. My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart - Similar Threads - disk keeps losing

2. My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My disk keeps losing memory, then goes back to original free storage space after restart: Hello. I recently kept getting low storage notifications, and sure enough when I checked my disk space it was ~200MB. It was supposed to be 8GB, so I restarted and it showed that the disk had 8GB of free space.Now it always happens after letting my laptop on for a longer...
  3. losing disk space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    losing disk space?: Something is wrong with my laptop/Windows I think. I'm losing disk space. I have no malware I checked. But for some reason my laptop isn't behaving like before when it comes to disk space. I still have plenty of it, but this is a concerning issue for me. I think it might be...
  4. losing disk space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing disk space?: Something is wrong with my laptop/Windows I think. I'm losing disk space. I have no malware I checked. But for some reason my laptop isn't behaving like before when it comes to disk space. I still have plenty of it, but this is a concerning issue for me. I think it might be...
  5. losing disk space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  7. Performance - after restart goes back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance - after restart goes back: Before I smash my pc to pices can someone explain to me how to save performance settings with standard user on Win 10 home. I was admin for months, then I decided to create new admin account and to change my Microsoft account to standard. Today I was playing with...
  8. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  9. Freeing Disk Space

Freeing Disk Space: I originally had Windows XP on my laptop but updated to Windows 10 awhile ago (and am getting current updates). Can I remove Windows XP from my laptop or will that affect how Windows 10 operates?...
  10. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...