Windows 10: My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video.

Discus and support My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I watch a youtube video my disk usage spikes from 99 to 100 and stays there. If I pause the video for a few minutes then unpause it the disk usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dragoniod123, Dec 11, 2016.

1. My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video.

When I watch a youtube video my disk usage spikes from 99 to 100 and stays there. If I pause the video for a few minutes then unpause it the disk usage does not go to 100. Also the spiking is not as bad if the video is short 15minute -. I use Google Chrome to watch videos. The only extension i have is adblock. Please help me!!!!! (By the way if I don't reply soon it is because I am currently busy with school and mid terms so please have patience with me.)
    Edit: I have found out that anything I do will make my disk usage 100. The only way to keep it down is to do nothing on my laptop.

My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video. [​IMG]

:)

dragoniod123, Dec 11, 2016
  2. Pynd Win User

My computer freezes while watching a video.

Well I guess do the newest windows update from a few days ago or restore your system back to before this started happening.

I would have to be there and check out many things to try and find the issue.

Open task manager to the Performance tab.

start a video and when it starts freezing, look at C:\ and see if the drive is close to or at 100% usage.

I had some updates to do but it's the same.

And also yes, my C:\ drive is used 95-100% while i am on Facebook, in Opera or Chrome.

But while I watch a video on youtube my CPU has a ~12% usage, GPU a max 7% usage and my disk barely gets at 6%.

When I try to play something with media player I can't even check the disk usage because it freezes almost instantly.

3. 100% Disc Usage

I recently bought a new laptop for several days running smoothly. but now I do not know why my disk usage is always 100%. recently hosted service: local system is the most widely took my disk usage. when i play games like left4dead2 always lag because my
    disk usage is 100%. Sometimes 'system and compressed memory' and 'windows audio device graph isolation' also took my disk usage until i couldn't watch Youtube.

I'm running windows 10 on Asus x550j and for anti-virus i'm using '360 total security'.

sorry english is not my primary language

Fransiskus Felix, Dec 11, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video.

Try a different browser. Chrome is known to have some issues with w10, namely with "system and compressed memory".

eLPuSHeR, Dec 11, 2016
  5. I have tried with firefox but it is still the same

dragoniod123, Dec 11, 2016
  6. The problem fixed itself I have no idea how but it did.

dragoniod123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video.

1. My disk usage goes to 100 when I load a youtube video. - Similar Threads - disk usage goes

2. 100 % Disk usage when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 % Disk usage when plugged in: Hi Everyone,I am using Asus X510UF Vivobook, The disk usage is normal10%-50% when the laptop runs on battery. The disk Usage becomes 100 % when my laptop is plugged in. - Updated all my h/w drivers- Windows is up to date- No problem with the power adapterOS - Windows 11RAM -...
  3. 100 % Disk usage when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 % Disk usage when plugged in: Hi Everyone,I am using Asus X510UF Vivobook, The disk usage is normal10%-50% when the laptop runs on battery. The disk Usage becomes 100 % when my laptop is plugged in. - Updated all my h/w drivers- Windows is up to date- No problem with the power adapterOS - Windows 11RAM -...
  4. Disk usage 100% when i open anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage 100% when i open anything: I have a gaming laptop with 2 disk drives, the second one has all my games and other stuff on it cause it has the most space, and when i open anything off of that hard drive the hard drive goes to 100% usage and lags out till it "disconnects". When the hard drive disconnects...
  5. 100% disk usage when gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage when gaming: [ATTACH] Hello, I know that there are a ton of postings about this but i have been trying to get rid of this problem for half a year now. When playing games that were located on my hdd, my hdd it used to randomly jump to 100% usage. As of late, my ssd gets to 100% usage...
  6. 100% disk usage when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage when gaming: Hello, I have this problem for half a year now. When playing games, my hdd jumps to 100% but it also happens to my ssd if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now....
  7. Disk and RAM usage goes to 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk and RAM usage goes to 100%: Hello everyone, I've bought a new computer about 6 weeks ago. Everything worked fine, up until these last few days. After a few hours of using it, it starts lagging more and more, to the point where it freezes completely. I've managed to catch a glimpse on the taskbar, which...
  8. Disk Usage goes up to 100% when Laptop is plugged in and charging, but improves when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage goes up to 100% when Laptop is plugged in and charging, but improves when...: I'm running Windows 10 and my laptop performance has been really good up until about a week ago when the laptop got much slower while opening apps or even webpages and I noticed Disk Usage was 100% in Task Manager where "System", "Service Host: Local System (2)" and at times,...
  9. 100% Disk Usage ONLY in Photos and Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk Usage ONLY in Photos and Videos: I recently switched to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude E4310 from Windows 7, and like most people I've been experiencing the 100% disk usage situation. Most fixes have helped, but there were two particular apps that caused major problems with the HDD: Photos/Video Editor and...
  10. 100% disk usage when watching 4k videos.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage when watching 4k videos.: It started a couple days back. Whenever I try to watch any 4k video on my system the video lags, system goes slow and disk usage is at 100%. I have Radeon HD 6670 and 8gb of ram. Should I reinstall windows just for this? Thanks. 103300