Windows 10: My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot

Discus and support My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is the Screen shot of my windows task manager. What i am not able to understand is that why my Disk usage is at 99% despite no heavy process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darshan Lokhande, Feb 22, 2020.

1. My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot

This is the Screen shot of my windows task manager. What i am not able to understand is that why my Disk usage is at 99% despite no heavy process running on my laptop. I am concerned as this is causing a lot of heating of my laptop. Also after the windows update there have been many resource hungry processes i see running in task manager. Please help me fix this issue.

My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot 547d0b2f-9680-40b7-9a42-92f8af2dfaec?upload=true.png

:)

Darshan Lokhande, Feb 22, 2020
  2. amos Win User

Lots of lots of lots disk usage

I see either Android studio or Eclipse first in the list, when sorting by disk usage when such activity occurs. Makes sense My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot :)

Do you need any screenshots that just show those applications first in the list?

3. amos Win User
    Lots of lots of lots disk usage

My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot [​IMG]

4. ecozone Win User

My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot

Windows 10 disk usage shows 99%

I tried many suggestion but nothing worked.

Finally, I've noticed that my laptop was running Chrome, 32Bit!

Re-installed Chrome (it automatically picked up 64 bit version), then the 99% disk went down to normal.

Good luck, folks!

ecozone, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot

1. My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot - Similar Threads - Disk Usage always

2. Why does my CPU usage always stays at 99%, win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my CPU usage always stays at 99%, win11: Recently i found my computer running relatively loud for last week, i checked my task manager and my cpu usage always stays at 99% i scrolled down and there was multiple processes of "unrealCEFsubprocess" usign each 10-20%.I went onto some site, and was told that its most...
  3. Why does my CPU usage always stays at 99%, win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my CPU usage always stays at 99%, win11: Recently i found my computer running relatively loud for last week, i checked my task manager and my cpu usage always stays at 99% i scrolled down and there was multiple processes of "unrealCEFsubprocess" usign each 10-20%.I went onto some site, and was told that its most...
  4. My CPU percentage is increased upto 80%, its making the laptop heat a lot, in task manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU percentage is increased upto 80%, its making the laptop heat a lot, in task manager...: its making the laptop heat in task manager it is showing visual basic command line compiler is using the most cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-percentage-is-increased-upto-80-its-making/aa7c09ea-1ed1-452c-aa1f-704d8ef1c887
  5. Why is my disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my disk usage always 100%: When I open the task manager it says: Disk usage at 100% and it won't go down. Any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-disk-usage-always-100/2b2c358c-83d9-42c7-8a32-47267d4f8de7
  6. Why is my disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my disk usage always 100%: When I open the task manager it says: Disk usage at 100% and it won't go down. Any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-disk-usage-always-100/2b2c358c-83d9-42c7-8a32-47267d4f8de7
  7. Why is my disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  9. Always on 99% cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always on 99% cpu usage: Similar to this request a few years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-usage-always-at-99/a61a4770-f95c-4e75-b6a3-51480dd2be22 I am also having ny cpu usage always at 99% since the windows update I did yesterday. The...
  10. Lots of lots of lots disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lots of lots of lots disk usage: Hi I have 16gb memory. Running applications: Delphi xe10.2 Android + emulator eclipse + java Firefox Performance shows around 8gb memory taken. Still, when moving (back) to eclipse (for example), there is a lot of disk usage (swapping I guess) and eclipse is showing first...