Windows 10: My display is all stretched out...I've tried everything I can think of

Discus and support My display is all stretched out...I've tried everything I can think of in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; When I turned on my pc today, the screen is all stretched out looking. I don't believe it's my monitor, because my startup splash screen looks normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gale, Oct 28, 2017.

1. gale Win User

My display is all stretched out...I've tried everything I can think of

When I turned on my pc today, the screen is all stretched out looking. I don't believe it's my monitor, because my startup splash screen looks normal. I have windows 10 home on a custom built computer. Here's what I've tried but none have worked:
    changing the screen resolution (it was on the recommended setting but I tried several others). The only one where it looked normal had wide black bars on both sides of the screen.
    system restore to yesterday evening when it was normal
    updated the graphics driver (intel integrated graphics)
    uninstalled the graphics driver and rebooted
    fn key plus space (this does nothing at all)

I checked my windows update history and there were none for the past few days.

attaching a screen shot of my system information. Please help. *cry

:)

2. Windows 10 update issue

The last Windows 10 update (a couple of days ago) caused the display on my monitor to stretch out and magnify. I've tried everything and I can't get it to return to normal.

DWilliams3, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Things on Screen are Now HUGE

Suddenly my screen went black and when it came back up everything was stretched out and HUGE. I tried all the display resolution adjustments, but nothing worked. I did Windows update (now have Fall Creators thing). I've rebooted and nothing works.
    What is wrong?

yellowlabs332, Oct 28, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Do you maybe have background set to 'Stretch', or does the problem exist on all windows?

My display is all stretched out...I've tried everything I can think of [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 28, 2017
  5. gale Win User
    It's on all windows, apps, etc. My background picture is set to "fill" but none of the other options made a difference. The recommended (and I'm pretty sure what I had it set on) is 1024 x 768. For now, I set it to 1360 x 768 which is the closest I could get to where it was. But it's not quite right and I want to fix it for real.

6. lmaneke Win User
    Does your monitor have a feature to autotune to the correct resolution when Windows is at the default resolution? I had an AOC monitor that had a hard time staying correct so I always had to hit the autotune button that reset the horizontal and vertical settings

lmaneke, Oct 28, 2017
  7. gale Win User
    I don't think it does. I went to the intel site and it said I needed updated drivers. Downloaded and installed them and nothing changed. *Sad

eta: I found some adjustments on my monitor but nothing really made it better.

eta again: my son got it pretty close to the original. He set it on the smallest resolution and then increased the size of texts/apps/etc to 125%. I can live with it.

gale, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My display is all stretched out...I've tried everything I can think of - Similar Threads - display stretched I've

2. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  3. Constant Blue Screen of Death I've tried everything I can think of. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Blue Screen of Death I've tried everything I can think of. Help!: Recently my computer began bluescreening at seemingly random times and I can't pin down what might be causing the issue. Here's a list of things I've attempted and had no success either replicating the BSOD or repairing it. -Reimaged my machine -Ran SFC and CHKDSK...
  4. My Bluetooth Constantly Disconnecting and Reconnecting I think I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth Constantly Disconnecting and Reconnecting I think I've tried everything: Hello, So my Bluetooth adaptor on my motherboard Intel constantly keeps connecting and reconnecting every 3-4 seconds its not in use. Oddly enough, if I restart my computer it works fine. However, if the system goes to sleep or is idle for more than ~1 hour, than all hell...
  5. Display of everything stretched out after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display of everything stretched out after Windows Update: I have Windows 10, and recently got a message from Windows saying I needed to update. I did so, and after my computer restarted, everything is stretched out - the desktop, browser, Word, everything I use. It appears the update messed up the display for everything. I read...
  6. Touchpad not working. Tried everything I can think of.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working. Tried everything I can think of.: Hi. I have a 2-week old ASUS UX333FN laptop that now has a trackpad that doesn't work. Everything was fine when I first got it, although there were times when the trackpad would stop functioning when my laptop went into sleep mode. I could get the trackpad to start working...
  7. I think I've tried everything but no dump file is created

I think I've tried everything but no dump file is created: I have been getting various BSODs for more than a month KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION but no Dump Files are created there is no C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and...
  8. I think I've tried everything but no dump file is created

I think I've tried everything but no dump file is created: I have been getting various BSODs for more than a month (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION) but no Dump Files are created (there is no C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP...
  9. Im stuck at Choose an option, I think i've tried everything.

Im stuck at Choose an option, I think i've tried everything.: So my PC opened to bluescreen and got stuck in a loop there. So I downloaded Windows 10 to an USB and connected it to the PC. But after a while it said hard error and i got to blue screen again. I used my USB again but it didnt work, then I tried to use a recovery USB and it...
  10. Windows 10 Not opening anything. I've tried all I can think of!

Windows 10 Not opening anything. I've tried all I can think of!: So I was trying to clean out an old computer to give to someone to upgrade from their old one, but nothing is working! When I was clearing out all of my stuff, i reset the computer to wipe the last of my files and remove my info off of it, it reinstalled Windows 10 and...