Windows 10: my display now is in Japanese......

Discus and support my display now is in Japanese...... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't read Japanese......... so I am unable to change it back to English. PLEASE I need help how to figure it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Budapest13_1943, Aug 14, 2019.

1. my display now is in Japanese......

I don't read Japanese......... so I am unable to change it back to English. PLEASE I need help how to figure it out

:)

Budapest13_1943, Aug 14, 2019

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 14, 2019
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Aug 14, 2019
  4. my display now is in Japanese......

Getting Japanese characters to display

In Windows 10, I was able to switch between the English and Japanese simply by clicking on the ENG icon in my various Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Now, however, the icon is gone and the ability to get Japanese characters to display has vanished.
    My computer says I have the Japanese IME language pack, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem in Windows 10? Any suggestions?

PaulMatychuk, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

my display now is in Japanese......

1. my display now is in Japanese...... - Similar Threads - display Japanese

2. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.: Windows Notepad does not display Japanese characters. They are simply hidden.The .txt files in OneDrive are correctly displayed on other computers. This problem does not occur for other files and applications such as File Explorer, .odt files, and email messages. Further,...
  3. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.: Windows Notepad does not display Japanese characters. They are simply hidden.The .txt files in OneDrive are correctly displayed on other computers. This problem does not occur for other files and applications such as File Explorer, .odt files, and email messages. Further,...
  4. Japanese characters in .txt files are hidden and not displayed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Japanese Windows Storage Server 2016 on a TeraStation WS5420RNG - can't change Display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Windows Storage Server 2016 on a TeraStation WS5420RNG - can't change Display...: Hello,Have I been mistakenly under the impression, that Microsoft's OS's are nowadays multi-lingual ?I recently bought a "Buffalo Terastation WS5420 RN6" which came preinstalled with Windows Storage Server 2016.... in Japanese. The same device is available in the US, etc.I've...
  6. Japanese Windows Storage Server 2016 on a TeraStation WS5420RNG - can't change Display...

Japanese Windows Storage Server 2016 on a TeraStation WS5420RNG - can't change Display...: Hello,Have I been mistakenly under the impression, that Microsoft's OS's are nowadays multi-lingual ?I recently bought a "Buffalo Terastation WS5420 RN6" which came preinstalled with Windows Storage Server 2016.... in Japanese. The same device is available in the US, etc.I've...
  7. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter: Hi, I am using 2 PC running Windows 10.Notepad in both PC is set to default font Consolas Font style Regular.But only one PC can display Japanese charracter, the other cannot, it was square icon instead of charracter.I dont know where I go wrong ?PC #1PC#2...
  8. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter: Hi, I am using 2 PC running Windows 10.Notepad in both PC is set to default font Consolas Font style Regular.But only one PC can display Japanese charracter, the other cannot, it was square icon instead of charracter.I dont know where I go wrong ?PC #1PC#2...
  9. Notepad cannot display Japanese charracter

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese Character in Zip/RAR/7zip/etc. display as garbled, can we get a fix?: I already read this discussion, which is locked, and have the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-characters-in-ziprar7z-etc-files-appear/504e5bd7-2349-4041-9023-5ec66000ceaa?auth=1 Changing system locale is not an option. I already...