Windows 10: my display now is in Japanese......

Discus and support my display now is in Japanese...... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't read Japanese......... so I am unable to change it back to English. PLEASE I need help how to figure it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Budapest13_1943, Aug 14, 2019.

1. my display now is in Japanese......

I don't read Japanese......... so I am unable to change it back to English. PLEASE I need help how to figure it out

:)

Budapest13_1943, Aug 14, 2019

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 14, 2019
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Aug 14, 2019
  4. my display now is in Japanese......

Getting Japanese characters to display

In Windows 10, I was able to switch between the English and Japanese simply by clicking on the ENG icon in my various Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Now, however, the icon is gone and the ability to get Japanese characters to display has vanished.
    My computer says I have the Japanese IME language pack, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem in Windows 10? Any suggestions?

PaulMatychuk, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

my display now is in Japanese......

1. my display now is in Japanese...... - Similar Threads - display Japanese

2. File Explorer repeatedly refreshing its display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer repeatedly refreshing its display: Why does the File Explorer keep refreshing its list of files in a folder while you are trying to work with entries in the list? It wipes out whatever you are currently doing, and sometimes applies an action to a file at the top of the list which just happened to be in the...
  3. how to get display to fill whole screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get display to fill whole screen?: some how my diaplay screen no longer fills the screen on my win 10 mspro4 tablet. can some one tell me how to get display to fill whole screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-display-to-fill-whole-screen/73c557f9-03ff-4a3d-aef3-80e68513e6ea
  4. windows 10 display in Japanese

windows 10 display in Japanese: Andre Da Costa? I lost your answer - I need your e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-in-japanese/1c7c8c6b-b489-41b2-9e29-9c7336344ec6
  5. Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update: Hi, after I update Windows to 1903, it no longer display chinese, japanese... and appear as squares instead on some apps and games. It still does display it correctly on Settings some apps like Chrome and UWP apps. This is how it looks like: [ATTACH] I installed chinese...
  6. Japanese - Windows Display Language

Japanese - Windows Display Language: Hello. As a Japanese student, I recently changed the Windows Display Language to Japanese. However, I find it kind of awkward to try and read correctly the kanji. Whoever knows how the Japanese language works, know what I'm talking about. I know the Windows Team have...
  7. Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update: Hi, after I update Windows to 1903, it no longer display chinese, japanese... and appear as squares instead on some apps and games. It still does display it correctly on Settings some apps like Chrome and UWP apps. This is how it looks like: [ATTACH] I installed chinese...
  8. Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English

Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English: Recently tried to add Japan as another keyboard, and forgotten what i did, next all the Windows 10 language became Japanese. I tried to revert back by choosing English, but nothing happens when i click it. Plus, from the language menu under settings doesn't show my other...
  9. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"
  10. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese: Hi, guys. My laptop was Acer with Windows 10. Currently I'm trying to change my Windows Display Lauguage into Japanese but it was unsuccessful. By looking at other user's question and their feedbacks, i found out that my laptop doesn't even show the way to install windows...