Windows 10: My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off

Discus and support My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need your help. I have a 3 monitor setup in Windows 10-64 Pro where my monitors are connected as follows, Center monitor - HDMI Widescreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Borgtrekker1, Jul 2, 2020.

1. My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off

Hi, I need your help.

I have a 3 monitor setup in Windows 10-64 Pro where my monitors are connected as follows,

Center monitor - HDMI Widescreen mode

Left monitor - DVI Portrait mode

Right monitor - Display port Portrait mode

Now whenever the 3rd monitor is turned on it scrambles the center monitor view for a few seconds and changes the 3rd monitor from Portrait to Widescreen... When turned off it reverses and disconnects from Windows as seen in System settings screen. The Video Card I am using is a brand new EVGA brand NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Super with the resolution set at 1960 x 1080 @ 60hz. I am using the latest NVIDIA GeForce drivers and settings 451.48 dated 6/24/2020.

Has anyone else out there experienced this type of behavior and if so what is the resolution for this problem.

Many thanks.

:)

Borgtrekker1, Jul 2, 2020

2. My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off

Hi, I need your help.

I have a 3 monitor setup in Windows 10-64 Pro where my monitors are connected as follows,

Center monitor - HDMI Widescreen mode

Left monitor - DVI Portrait mode

Right monitor - Display port Portrait mode

Now whenever the 3rd monitor is turned on it scrambles the center monitor view for a few seconds and changes the 3rd monitor from Portrait to Widescreen... When turned off it reverses and disconnects from Windows as seen in System settings screen. The
    Video Card I am using is a brand new EVGA brand NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Super with the resolution set at 1960 x 1080 @ 60hz. I am using the latest NVIDIA GeForce drivers and settings 451.48 dated 6/24/2020.

Has anyone else out there experienced this type of behavior and if so what is the resolution for this problem.

Many thanks.

Borgtrekker1, Aug 5, 2020
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Aug 5, 2020
  4. My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off

Monitor/display will not turn off

I have manually shut down internet connection and it still monitor/display will not turn off.

I understand problem is probably not the hidden activity of windows 10 but I still need to find a solution.

If anyone has any further suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off

1. My Display Port connected monitor disconects from windows when turned off - Similar Threads - Display Port connected

2. Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors: Can anyone confirm if it's possible to tell Windows to turn off the laptop display when it's connected to two external monitors (with the monitors setup in extend mode)? I know this is possible when using one monitor but I can't find any confirmation of this working with two...
  3. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.: this started yesterday,after updating windows.the screen stays dead when waking it,and theres something weird with the kb+mouse,too.kb turns on/off when clicking mouse. please help!...
  5. Windows are moved away from display port monitors on turn off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows are moved away from display port monitors on turn off.: Hi I recently upgraded to a new computer and it mostly uses display port connections to the screens. I have two screens connected via DP and one via HDMI, on screen turnoff any windows for either explorer or apps get moved to the HDMI screen. Upon the main screens being...
  6. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  7. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  8. Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor: HI, Im using a MSI GT60 2QD notebook with Windows 10 home(1803). When i conneted to LG 34UC98 monitor via Mini Display port, my notebook didn't appear any external monitor selection for my to chooose. I had tried "uninstall and re-install display driver", "changed the other...
  9. Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port: I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport...
  10. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...