Windows 10: my display turns black

Discus and support my display turns black in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello guys this problem started appearing 1 week ago while i was playing game my display turned black i thought it was normal at first but it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by danieldavidoski, Jan 16, 2019.

1. my display turns black

hello guys this problem started appearing 1 week ago while i was playing game my display turned black i thought it was normal at first but it started to occur more often.I asked one of my friend for help and he told me to run stress test to see if any of the components overheat.

I did the test and everything was fine then i tried unninstalling the display drivers using ddu and installing them again.That helped me a little beacuse that day my display was noraml and DID NOT TURN BLACK but just the other day my display started doing the same i used driver booster to install any drivers that neeeded to be update but my display goes black again it goes black for 3-5 sec and turns back on i would really apreciate if u help me

:)

danieldavidoski, Jan 16, 2019

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 16, 2019
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jan 16, 2019
  4. my display turns black

Preparing automatic repair - black screen asus laptop

Hi,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted system file. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the screen turns black?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article. It contains information and resolution about black screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

my display turns black

1. my display turns black - Similar Threads - display turns black

2. Display flickering black when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display flickering black when turned on: Hi so I have been having this problem with my laptop, everytime when my laptop is shut down and turned back on when I move my mouse cursor the screen starts flickering black something like this https://streamable.com/gqeh38, but after a quick restart it seems to be fixed but...
  3. Display flickering black when turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display flickering black when turned on: Hi so I have been having this problem with my laptop, everytime when my laptop is shut down and turned back on when I move my mouse cursor the screen starts flickering black something like this https://streamable.com/gqeh38, but after a quick restart it seems to be fixed but...
  4. Black display after inadvertently turning on HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black display after inadvertently turning on HDR: I got a black display after inadvertently turning on HDR. I was adding an external 4K monitor to my laptop. I clicked on HDR inadvertently. Both screens started flashing then went black. I rebooted. Lenovo boot logo comes up but the laptop screen stays black. I get a cursor...
  5. Black display after turning on HDR accidentally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black display after turning on HDR accidentally: So, while adjusting my screen resolution, the HDR was turned on accidentally. Now, everything runs but I'm unable to see the screen as my monitor detects an input but the screen remains black. what should i do?...
  6. My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black.: My monitor doesn't turn off, it goes to a screen that just says it can't find an input source, I replug my HDMI cable in and it doesn't work. I have reinstalled drivers and looked at the Event Viewer. It's hard to tell which is which. I think I need to buy Windows cuz I...
  7. Displays turn black momentarily

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displays turn black momentarily: My wife's PC, which is about 3-4 years old has been running fine after we upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. This is a general office-level PC, nothing at all flash other than plenty of RAM - 16gb, with integrated graphics & VGA+DVI monitors. Version is probably...
  8. Displays turn black momentarily

in Windows 10 Support
    Displays turn black momentarily: My wife's PC, which is about 3-4 years old has been running fine after we upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. This is a general office-level PC, nothing at all flash other than plenty of RAM - 16gb, with integrated graphics & VGA+DVI monitors. Version is probably...
  9. windows 10 display turns blank or black and won't turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 display turns blank or black and won't turn on: I was continuously using the laptop for about 1 hour suddenly it shows application error and display turns blank or black and it won't turn on unless I press the power button for 10 seconds. when I turn on laptop again after 1 hour same problem occurs. It doesn't give me time...
  10. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse: While using PowerPlanner7, I believe I may have accidentally turned off display or brightness to 0. I am unsure if I successfully made it back to the desktop after rebooting(my attempt to solve the problem). I have tried searching the Internet for shortcuts that re-enable...