Windows 10: My displays are glitched (I think).

Discus and support My displays are glitched (I think). in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I had my computer repaired. I had my PSU repaired and I believe I had a new motherboard installed. But ever since the computer has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Apex024, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Apex024 Win User

My displays are glitched (I think).

Recently I had my computer repaired. I had my PSU repaired and I believe I had a new motherboard installed. But ever since the computer has been picking up three displays. My monitor twice and my wall mounted TV. When looking at the properties my monitor (1st display) is connected to my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070). The other display on my monitor is said to be connected to Microsoft Basic Display Driver in display settings and elsewhere it says something along the lines of Intel(R) HD Graphics 630. I am unsure as to why the single display monitor I am currently using (Acer KG271) is registering as two displays. Please help me find a solution as this is making it difficult to easily move between displays and is also messing up the display of certain games as sometimes certain games open on the 'display' that I do not have. Also since this whole incident my monitors display (the actual display, not the duplicate display or whatever you wish to call it) has shifted around a centimeter right and upwards so that it no longer actually lines up with the monitor itself.

:)

Apex024, Feb 26, 2019

2. Minor Upgrade Glitches

My b11102 just upgraded to b14267.

My PC exhibited a couple minor upgrade glitches.
    The glitches this time:
    • No mouse
    • K-Lite had to be reinstalled (after W10 displayed a pop-up about every video extension)
    After a reboot, the mouse has returned and everything else seems to be working OK. My displays are glitched (I think). :)

lehnerus2000, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 26, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • My displays are glitched (I think). [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

1. My displays are glitched (I think). - Similar Threads - displays are glitched

2. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  3. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  4. A glitch I think?

in Windows 10 Customization
    A glitch I think?: Hello, As I minimized MICROSOFT EDGE, I found no icons on my desktop screen, Just 2 boxes. Up & down one of them was able to move, and the other one when we click it, it starts windows error sound... Is this something a glitch?Can you help? :...
  5. Display – can't find correct display size I think.

Display – can't find correct display size I think.: I'm using a PC, Intel I 7, 16 Gb RAM and a 1 TB hard drive with a 24 inch display and Windows 10 pro with Firefox 87.2 64 bit. Since switching from Windows 7 I've been unable to display one of the websites I use a lot of the time, the Daily Mail Football section. This page...
  6. Display Glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Glitch: Hi all. I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop. recently I've been experiencing a display glitch as shown in the images below. i think it is a software issue and not hardwarebut I am not sure. It only happens some of the time, and seems to be mostly on apps with lots...
  7. windows 10 glitching after failed update I think?

windows 10 glitching after failed update I think?: Around one week ago I was doing the 2004 update for my PC, plus the June and march update. after I reset my PC my from the updates I realized that my windows key on my laptop didn't work, so i tried the windows icon Start on the taskbar to turn off my PC. the windows icon...
  8. Night light glitch in new 1903 update (I think)

Night light glitch in new 1903 update (I think): Hi, After using my computer for a while, night light decides to turn itself on when it's not supposed to. When I shutdown/restart, it quickly flickers to the "off" state (blue-er hue). I did not experience this glitch before the 1903 update. Restarting does help, but night...
  9. My displays are glitched.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My displays are glitched.: Recently I had my computer repaired. I had my PSU repaired and I believe I had a new motherboard installed. But ever since the computer has been picking up three displays. My monitor twice and my wall mounted TV. When looking at the properties my monitor (1st display) is...
  10. My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop thinks it has 5 displays.: Hey, this has been an ongoing problem with my laptop (Lenovo Y720) and I did uninstall these monitors in the deice manager multiple times already but they always reappear. Even my Nvidia graphics card believes I have 5 of them. I have tried reinstalling the graphic card...