Windows 10: My DNS Server keeps changing.

Discus and support My DNS Server keeps changing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My DNS keeps changing, idk why... microsoft can you help me fix the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oofio, Aug 10, 2020.

1. oofio Win User

My DNS Server keeps changing.

My DNS keeps changing, idk why... microsoft can you help me fix the problem?

:)

oofio, Aug 10, 2020
  2. LeonLaude Win User

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Change DNS server sttings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

When exactly do you get this error?

Try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Clear the DNS (Domain Name System) cache.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click on the Command prompt(Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and press
      Enter.

Method 2:

Step 1:

• Connect to your router (by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar) and log in. Check your user manual or documentation if you do not know the log-in credentials.
    • Make sure you are in the Setup ->Basic Setup category.
    • Scroll down until you see 'DHCP Server' - if it is disabled, select 'Enable'.
    • Enable DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). If you want, you can change the number that the DHCP IP assigning starts (this is optional).
    • Use the DNS (Domain Name System) servers provided to you by your
      ISP (Internet Service Provider). There are many DNS servers out there. It's best to use your ISP's if possible.
    • Scroll down and click 'Save Settings'.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Go to Networking and sharing center and then click on
      Change adapter settings
    • Right click on Local Area Connection and choose
      Properties
    • Highlight Internet Protocol Version 6 and click on
      Properties
    • Choose Obtain DNS server address automatically and press
      Ok.
    • Choose Obtain IP address automatically.
    • Repeat the steps for Internet Protocol version 4 as well.
    • Test the issue.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 10, 2020
  4. My DNS Server keeps changing.

DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

My DNS Server keeps changing.

1. My DNS Server keeps changing. - Similar Threads - DNS Server keeps

2. Windows changing my DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changing my DNS Servers: Hi, my windows installation is always changing my DNS servers to 127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3 every time the machine is restarted, i keep changing to another DNS Servers and after the restart windows changes....
  3. Windows changing my DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changing my DNS Servers: Hi, my windows installation is always changing my DNS servers to 127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3 every time the machine is restarted, i keep changing to another DNS Servers and after the restart windows changes....
  4. Windows changing my DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't change DNS server

Can't change DNS server: I'm trying change DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 in my Wi-Fi propeties in IPv4 propeties, but always appear error like thisnot long time ago it can change, how to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-dns-server/e9645394-7ac0-4b91-ab22-eea9f832d869
  6. My DNS keeps changing

My DNS keeps changing: Hello, I need help with a thing with is annoying me. Since my parents are divorced I have to go to each others houses every week. Whenever I set up my pc, my internet is horrible. The way I always fix it is by changing the DNS manually. But whenever I turn my pc back on it...
  7. Change DNS Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change DNS Server: When changing DNS Server do you need to change only Internet Protocol Version 4 or you need to change Internet Protocol Version 6 as well? From what Ive read some include IPv6 some don't so I dont know if I should change both or just IPv4. I wanted to change to Cloudflare...
  8. DNS server keeps changing itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS server keeps changing itself: I used to have my DNS server set to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 but in order to access a shared drive at work, I have to set it to automatic. Problem is, every time I bring my laptop into work, it's changed itself back to the Google DNS and I have to manually change it back every day....
  9. Change Preferred DNS server

Change Preferred DNS server: Hello have fresh installation Windows 10 (up to date), version 1803, build 17134.320 In network configuration Prefered DNS server always has value 172.0.0.1. I make the change to my need and after save and flush DNS ipconfig /flushdns value get back to 172.0.0.1 Thank you...
  10. Changing DNS server

Changing DNS server: Can I use either one of these to change my DNS server. I have a T-Mobile version of the ASUS TM-AC1900 router. The ASUS does not seem to have an alternate address input 92132