Windows 10: My document comes up blank

Discus and support My document comes up blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I created a document that now comes up blank though the properties tell me how many bytes long it is. I think I changed a template and wonder if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanMSullivan, Sep 3, 2019.

1. My document comes up blank

I created a document that now comes up blank though the properties tell me how many bytes long it is. I think I changed a template and wonder if this has something to do with the problem

:)

JanMSullivan, Sep 3, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

my document that i save us coming up blank

Hi Jude,

If a saved document is coming up blank when opening it, it could be that the document is corrupted when it was saved, or that the document was not properly saved, etc. For us to isolate the issue about a document that opens up blank, kindly respond to the
    question below:

• What application are you using to open or save the document?
    • Is the issue specific to one document or with every document that you open?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

My document comes up blank

All clicks coming up Blank page

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Do you face this issue on any other website also?

Do you receive any error message on the blank page?

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.

Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
    and click on Clear.

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
                LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

My document comes up blank

1. My document comes up blank - Similar Threads - document comes blank

2. Icannot find my documents it went blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icannot find my documents it went blank: Icannot find my documents it went blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icannot-find-my-documents-it-went-blank/f341692d-ebf9-4ecf-9c37-99a121ec0d79
  3. Icannot find my documents it went blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icannot find my documents it went blank: Icannot find my documents it went blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icannot-find-my-documents-it-went-blank/f341692d-ebf9-4ecf-9c37-99a121ec0d79
  4. WordPad Document Now Blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad Document Now Blank: I've been writing for a daily poetry contest and decided to create a quick WordPad document as my copy of some of my more recent submissions, in case there was some error but also because I planned to use the contents in my actual book. I last updated it yesterday and today I...
  5. WordPad Document Now Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WordPad Document Now Blank: I've been writing for a daily poetry contest and decided to create a quick WordPad document as my copy of some of my more recent submissions, in case there was some error but also because I planned to use the contents in my actual book. I last updated it yesterday and today I...
  6. Blank Wordpad document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  7. [HELP] Wordpad Document Blank?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Wordpad Document Blank?: I was working on a document in Wordpad and then my laptop screen went black.. not sure why. So I force restarted my laptop and then when it booted up, I re-opened the document that I was working on and now it's blank. I know that the space occupied by the text I had before is...
  8. Windows update search box comes up blank

in Cortana
    Windows update search box comes up blank: After an update today the search bar brings up a blank box. I have restarted several times but this did not help. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-search-box-comes-up-blank/61381333-4c0b-4a35-8cc7-0a025fb0ba6c"
  9. Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen: [ATTACH] The below just started happening this morning. Anyone have any suggestions? I have googled and tried a number of things, but it still is just blank. In task manager, Details, SearchUI.exe is running (though it changes to suspended). File Explorer searches work...
  10. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...