Windows 10: My document comes up blank

Discus and support My document comes up blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I created a document that now comes up blank though the properties tell me how many bytes long it is. I think I changed a template and wonder if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanMSullivan, Sep 3, 2019.

1. My document comes up blank

I created a document that now comes up blank though the properties tell me how many bytes long it is. I think I changed a template and wonder if this has something to do with the problem

:)

JanMSullivan, Sep 3, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

my document that i save us coming up blank

Hi Jude,

If a saved document is coming up blank when opening it, it could be that the document is corrupted when it was saved, or that the document was not properly saved, etc. For us to isolate the issue about a document that opens up blank, kindly respond to the
    question below:

• What application are you using to open or save the document?
    • Is the issue specific to one document or with every document that you open?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

My document comes up blank

All clicks coming up Blank page

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Do you face this issue on any other website also?

Do you receive any error message on the blank page?

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.

Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
    and click on Clear.

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
                LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

My document comes up blank

1. My document comes up blank - Similar Threads - document comes blank

2. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...
  3. Wrong name comes up on my lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong name comes up on my lock screen: Hi, so on my lock screen my name comes up as adam Russell instead of Adam Russell, It sounds silly but it's really starting to annoy me. I'm not very good with computers so in the easiest way step by step how can I change this to have my name displayed correctly upon log in....
  4. My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My saved word documents open to a blank screen. How can I retrieve these saved documents?: When I click on a saved word document that I want to revise a blank screen appears. How can I retrieve my saved documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-saved-word-documents-open-to-a-blank-screen-how/e5a9d256-731a-4476-9d94-47cbe008b7f1"
  5. there is a weird blank document thing right on the bottom left of all of my icons on the...

there is a weird blank document thing right on the bottom left of all of my icons on the...: [ATTACH] so basically every icon on my desktop has this, its not a shortcut thingy problem because most of the icons are NOT shortcuts and they are the programme (.exe) itself, I don't know what to do, I've tried rebooting, refreshing , restarting windows explorer , delete...
  6. Saved Notepad document opening blank

Saved Notepad document opening blank: My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment, and we won’t have internet until tomorrow. My boyfriend writes scripts for videos he makes using online programs generally, but as we’re without internet for the time being, he’s been using Notepad instead. In the past two...
  7. My computer is frozen, won't come up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is frozen, won't come up.: I was doing email and saw a google photo from a friend. clicked on it and it froze my computer. can't get it up after several tries and the system msg saying it was trying to recover, but couldn't.... After several restart attempts, a msg said to tell microsoft support...
  8. My mobile does not come up in This-PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mobile does not come up in This-PC: I can plug a camera or a tablet into the USB and it appears in This-PC. Not my mobile. I get an app titled Photos with a top menu Create (in green), Select import and others. Why can't I SIMPLY have it in This-PC. 119028
  9. My Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    My Documents: In C:\users\don\ I have 2 folders Documents and My Documents. What is the difference? Don Cole 75462
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754