Windows 10: My document display

Discus and support My document display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open My Documents, the screen is black and so is the font. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TinaBanning, Dec 29, 2018.

1. My document display

When I open My Documents, the screen is black and so is the font. How do I fix this?

:)

TinaBanning, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Dec 29, 2018
  3. DrGreg309 Win User
    My Documents display in Windows 10

Is there a way to change the way the folders and files are displayed in My Documents?

I recently upgraded to 10 but I have a slight issue with 'My Documents'. Most of my files are in folders in My Documents and in Windows 7 I was able to filter by most recent updated with folders listed first followed by the documents which are not saved in folders. I have not found a way to duplicate this convenient display in 10.

DrGreg309, Dec 29, 2018
  4. My document display

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

My document display

1. My document display - Similar Threads - document display

2. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?: What is that graphic display of thumbnails, in a timeline format, of documents I had worked on? It popped up on screen when I clumsily hit some unknown key combination. I would display an image if I knew how I got there. Very valuable to track my time - like Outlook Journal...
  6. What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?

What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?: What is that graphic display of thumbnails, in a timeline format, of documents I had worked on? It popped up on screen when I clumsily hit some unknown key combination. I would display an image if I knew how I got there. Very valuable to track my time - like Outlook Journal...
  7. What is the MS Windows feature that displayed my documents activity in timeline format?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...: File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file to create. Text document has disappeared from the list of file types I can select. How do I get it back?...
  9. File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...

File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file. Text document has...: File explorer, when displaying directory, 'new' can select new file to create. Text document has disappeared from the list of file types I can select. How do I get it back?...
  10. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...