Windows 10: My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

Discus and support My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since the recent window upgrade my documents are not opening any more. Pls see the attached error screenshot. Kindly advise on what to do to access and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wisdom Agi, Dec 14, 2020.

1. My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

Since the recent window upgrade my documents are not opening any more. Pls see the attached error screenshot. Kindly advise on what to do to access and edit my saved documents on my laptop, Thanks

:)

Wisdom Agi, Dec 14, 2020

2. not able to edit office documents (word/excel/ppt) in HTC mozart

i am not able to edit office documents (word/excel/ppt) received in mail.

for excel files (.xlsx), it says can't edit workbook.

for ppt (2003), it says can edit only .pptx, .pptm.

what's the problem?

HimanshuJariwala, Dec 14, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    MS 365 files (Word, Excel, PPT) no thumbnails in Windows Explorer

tpriest, think this could be a bug.

These are my observations...based on some new, and old files saving (with and without "save thumbnail" check in Word..

Old file, saved under same name (existing file, which didn't have save thumbnail checked, and after it was checked) - no way to view Thumbnail
    Old file, saved under different name - Thumbnail is there
    New file (with save thumbnail checked) - no problem, thumbnail is there
    This is with Office 365 in Documents folder

My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible [​IMG]

i wouldn't notice it, since I always have file explorer set to details view

AndreTen, Dec 14, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

MS 365 files (Word, Excel, PPT) no thumbnails in Windows Explorer

You have save thumbnail checked? (I know you already said yes... ) just checking

AndreTen, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible

1. My document saved in Word ,Excel and PPt not accessible - Similar Threads - document saved Word

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reopening Word/Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reopening Word/Excel Documents: I was just wondering if there's a way to get programs such as Word or Excel to re-open your documents/files you had open before shutting down. I typically have anywhere from 4 to 12 word documents open and I don't shut down my computer anymore because it's a hassle to reopen...
  6. Trying to save a word or excel or PDF or text document in the network drive but it...

Trying to save a word or excel or PDF or text document in the network drive but it...: Hi, Using Windows 10 machine, Word 2016 64-bit. Issue: When I use save as options and select the G: folder G Drive is the network drive from the excel menu it defaults to D: Documents Local D drive rather than the location I select. I tried to change the Trusted...
  7. Saving a Word document on my PC

Saving a Word document on my PC: When I "Save as" of a Word document, I save it to OneDrive...but it doesn't show up their, I assume its because this is saved in the "cloud". I would also like to access this on my PC when I am not on the internet... How do I do this? Thanks...
  8. Saving Word Documents

Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  9. Making Labels in Word with Excel document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Making Labels in Word with Excel document: Hello, I'm trying to make raffle tickets in Word2016. I have the tickets created and designed how I would like dimension-wise. I have created a "label" mail merge which successfully duplicated all the tickets. I created an Excel2016 file with the numbers 100-350 and saved...
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...