Windows 10: My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.

Discus and support My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have this annoying problem, where 2 of my folders automatically gets "compressed" (two arrows pointing as an icon). This ofcourse is a problem on "my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alexander Lindblom, Dec 2, 2018.

1. My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.

Have this annoying problem, where 2 of my folders automatically gets "compressed" (two arrows pointing as an icon).

This ofcourse is a problem on "my documents" and "appdata", as this is folders that is used by a lot of programs. Its only these 2 folders that gets compressed, and all the contents of them.

I think this started 3 days ago, as i installed the following update, but cant be sure:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467682/windows-10-update-kb4467682

So i have to uncompress them everytime i start windows for programs to find their stuff, and games to find their save files.

Any suggestions on where to start?

So far ive checked that the drive doesnt have compression on (CMy documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup. :), and uncompressed them several times.

:)

Alexander Lindblom, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 2, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Dec 2, 2018
  4. SerhiyIA Win User

My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup.

1. My documents and AppData is being compressed on each startup. - Similar Threads - documents AppData being

2. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  3. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  4. Track each time Excel document is opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Track each time Excel document is opened?: I have an Excel document shared by multiple colleagues and I'd like to keep a running list of each time one of them opens the document. Is it possible to build a flow that would track this information? Possibly a spreadsheet that tracks the date it was opened and by who? If...
  5. Track each time Excel document is opened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Track each time Excel document is opened?: I have an Excel document shared by multiple colleagues and I'd like to keep a running list of each time one of them opens the document. Is it possible to build a flow that would track this information? Possibly a spreadsheet that tracks the date it was opened and by who? If...
  6. Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager...: Is there any possible way to restore it back, If yes how can I restore it? submitted by /u/Gunotham [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htvnp0/accidentally_deleted_the_startup_folder_in/
  7. AppData is being written to the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    AppData is being written to the wrong place: I recently had my Windows 7 desktop PC upgraded to Windows 10 by a local computer shop. I had them do it because they had built the machine and were familiar with the hardware. They recommended doing a clean install of Windows 10, so when I got the machine back it was...
  8. Missing AppData files on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing AppData files on startup.: After reinstalling windows 10 on my laptop I find that on start up it displays that I have 2 appdata files missing. I am not a technical software person so not sure what it means however it does not seem to prevent my use of the laptop. Can anyone help to restore this or is...
  9. Downloads being compressed

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads being compressed: Every thing I download in my C: drive seems to be getting compressed and has 2 blue arrows facing each other on the shortcut.How do I stop this 130405
  10. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it: Hi, I've recently done a clean reinstall of Win 10 Pro. As I run the OS on a small SSD and store files and programs on a larger HDD, one of the changes I've made was to move "C:\Users" to "D:\Users", and then create the nessesary junction on the C drive. Additionally,...