Windows 10: My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

Discus and support My documents folder became the Hard drive D: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chi Kien Tan, Mar 20, 2020.

1. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I have no restore point to undo everything either as its a new computer.

How can change it back to documents file ? My documents folder became the Hard drive D: db541238-dfd2-4abd-9a6a-e74213fb4d4b?upload=true.png

:)

Chi Kien Tan, Mar 20, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Accidentally saved my documents folder to the Hard drive (DMy documents folder became the Hard drive D: :) without a location

This is a common enough occurrence, here is how to put your My Documents back into a folder:

• Open Windows File Explorer, create a folder called My Documents on your D Drive
    • Put whatever files and folder should be in your My Documents folder into that folder
    • Click on Quick Access on the left hand side of File Explorer
    • On the right hand side right click the My Documents Library Folder and select Properties
    • Select the Location Tab and Type D:\My Documents as the location
    • When asked if you want to Merge Contents - select No

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Mar 20, 2020
  3. tashhaxx Win User
    Accidentally saved my documents folder to the Hard drive (DMy documents folder became the Hard drive D: :) without a location

I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I completely forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has become the hard drive and I cant undo it because
    I have no system access and I have no restore point to undo everything either as its a new computer.

How can I unsave documents as the hard drive and put them back separately again?

At the moment to access my documents folder I have to go

-> D:/

-> "my user name"

-> Documents

-> 'Then I can access all my items'

But it should be

-> D:/

-> Documents

Please help!

Moved from Insider

tashhaxx, Mar 20, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

Turned Hard Drive into Music folder

• Create a folder on the D drive and name it 'Music'
    • Move all the files and folders that should be in the Music folder into this new folder
    • Then in Quick Access, right click the Windows Music Library, select Properties
    • Then on the location Tab, set its location to the new 'Music' folder
    • When asked if you want to merge contents - Select 'No'
    • Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

If you want you can leave the music folder on the D Drive, or you can then click 'Restore Default' to move it back onto the C Drive

If needs be for the Documents folder, you can perform the same operation by creating a new Documents folder on the D Drive

NOTE: the important step is (5) do not merge the contents . . .

DaveM121, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

1. My documents folder became the Hard drive D: - Similar Threads - documents folder became

2. My documents folder became my E:/ drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder became my E:/ drive: English is not my first languageI do not know how this issue even started, but My Documents folder now has now turned into my E:/ driveMy E:/ drive still exists, in fact, everything I do inside of each folder Whether it's "My Documents" or the actual drive affects both. I am...
  3. My documents folder became my E:/ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder became my E:/ drive: English is not my first languageI do not know how this issue even started, but My Documents folder now has now turned into my E:/ driveMy E:/ drive still exists, in fact, everything I do inside of each folder Whether it's "My Documents" or the actual drive affects both. I am...
  4. My documents folder became my E:/ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My documents folder became the Hard drive D:: I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I...
  6. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder became the Hard drive D:: I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I...
  7. My Downloads and Documents folders became fused

in Windows 10 Support
    My Downloads and Documents folders became fused: Hi! I have a weird issue. My Downloads and Documents folders became fused somehow. I don't just mean they point to the same folder, which was my intention. And before I did without issue. But both show up as "documents", which is really annoying, especially since the actual...
  8. D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F: Hi, After an update and not using my laptop for a week, after powering on my laptop, my profile was completely different, my wallpaper, profile name, and all my on screen apps were gone. I checked and my Downloads, desktop, pictures, music, videos and documents file and it...
  9. picture folder became a copy of document folder

picture folder became a copy of document folder: Hello, This is just a follow up post regarding a closed 5 year old thread that seems to have gone unsolved. A strange windows bug that makes one of your default windows libraries in my case pictures turn into a duplicate of another directory. When you try to reset this...
  10. My photos folder became a copy of document folder

My photos folder became a copy of document folder: Im having problem exactly like in this post but unfortunatly the answer does not solve my problem. Another clue is that under users/myname/ there is no picture folder anymore The picture folder pointing to the document folder under users/myname/documents but moving the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My documents to local disk D

2. Basically what goes into document folder