Windows 10: My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

Discus and support My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop was automatically updated with a Windows 10 update on 8.11.22. I know this because my laptop was on when I went to bed and in the middle of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KayeLK, Aug 13, 2022.

1. KayeLK Win User

My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

My laptop was automatically updated with a Windows 10 update on 8.11.22. I know this because my laptop was on when I went to bed and in the middle of the night the login screen was displayed, which is typical after an update. After the update, one of my programs couldn't find its data & that's when I discovered it was because the Documents folder was now on my Desktop. Under Properties I can see that the path to this folder is now "C:\Users\Kaye\Desktop\Documents".FIRST, WHY did this happen?SECOND, I have some questions about changing the location back to C:\Users\Kaye\Documents.When I

:)

KayeLK, Aug 13, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

That's a different question.
    You want to know how to change the default.
    Only by 'relocating' your user Documents folder to your Desktop. Move Location of Documents Folder - TenForumsTutorials but it seems a very big step to take just to satisfy WordPad.
    I would not be at all surprised to find that somebody has discovered a Registry hack to do what you want more directly & without relocating the Documents folder.

Denis

4. dalchina Win User

My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

dalchina, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22 - Similar Threads - Documents folder moved

2. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  3. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  4. My taskbar is blank since the 8/16/22 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is blank since the 8/16/22 update.: The corner icons are there but nothing else. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-blank-since-the-81622-update/c613ae05-6581-4b8a-bb8e-5779e8a71f5c
  5. My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22: My laptop was automatically updated with a Windows 10 update on 8.11.22. I know this because my laptop was on when I went to bed and in the middle of the night the login screen was displayed, which is typical after an update. After the update, one of my programs couldn't find...
  6. My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22: My laptop was automatically updated with a Windows 10 update on 8.11.22. I know this because my laptop was on when I went to bed and in the middle of the night the login screen was displayed, which is typical after an update. After the update, one of my programs couldn't find...
  7. Can't move my Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move my Documents folder.: I've been trying to free up some disk space recently and start moving my folders to my D drive. I've already disabled Onedrive so I moved Desktop, Downloads, Music and Videos. When I tried to move Documents and Pictures however, an error message appeared saying: "Can't move...
  8. Latest windows update wiped my documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update wiped my documents: My Microsoft Surface Laptop automatically updated to the latest Windows 10 update (as of 28/0819). When it finished, it complelty wiped out all of my documents, downloads a majoirty of my files. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?...
  9. Moving my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  10. Accidently moved my documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidently moved my documents folder: I was scrolling through my file explorer and I think I accidently dragged my Documents folder to the desktop folder. Now I'm not sure where it is supposed to be. When my usual scheduled backup ran, I received a message that this folder could not be backed up. The file...