Windows 10: my documents folder

Discus and support my documents folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to access the my documents folder any information on how to solve this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertRichardson7, Aug 11, 2019.

1. my documents folder

I am unable to access the my documents folder any information on how to solve this problem

:)

RobertRichardson7, Aug 11, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

my documents folder

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

my documents folder

1. my documents folder - Similar Threads - documents folder

2. can I view all documents in file explorer at once including files in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I view all documents in file explorer at once including files in folders: If I pull up PC - Documents and to the right of the Document column I have a Details view with 4 columns: name...date modified...type...size...date created. Can I see all the files including all the files in the Documents sub-folders? And if I ask for a specific type of...
  3. Access Documents Folder on Mac From Windows 10

Access Documents Folder on Mac From Windows 10: I set up a Share user on my Mac. I use that user name and password on my Windows 10 laptop to access folders on the Mac. I see the folders I shared on the Mac: Music, Pictures, Movies, and Documents. I can access the first 3 folders fine, but the Documents folder asks for...
  4. My complete Word Documents Folder (saved) disappeared without warning

in Windows 10 Support
    My complete Word Documents Folder (saved) disappeared without warning: Brand new to Ten Forums, and man do I need help. My complete Word Documents File disappeared last week, and I have been unable to retrieve them. These are all saved documents, compiled over several years, that cannot be found. Took my laptop to the local computer gurus but no...
  5. Update 2004 may have deleted an old "My Documents" folder from a previous primary harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 2004 may have deleted an old "My Documents" folder from a previous primary harddrive: I have two harddrives in my PC currently, and the second one used to be my primary, boot drive. I still had everything on that drive still saved as it was, including the previous Windows install, and all that comes with it, including relevantly for my case, the "My Documents"...
  6. Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local

Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local: I bought a new PC with Windows 10. It is saving all files, including user application files, to Documents in OneDrive. This is a disaster as applications produce trainloads of user files that OneDrive then dutifully attempts to upload. The Documents folder on "This PC" is...
  7. What is the equivalent of My Folder and My documents in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the equivalent of My Folder and My documents in Windows 10?: What is the equivalent of My Folder with it's subfolders such as My pictures, My documents and MyVideos in Windows 10 I have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I am a little confused. I can see 'This PC' has some document and pictures folders, but also there is OS C...
  8. File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically

File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically: but I don't want them to be split into 3 columns of A-H, I-P and Q-Z. I want them to be in one list without being divided up. It isn't necessary in my book anyway!. Thanks for any help....
  9. Moving the 'My Documents' folder (and others) to a different hard disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the 'My Documents' folder (and others) to a different hard disk: Hi Folks! Having thoroughly sanitised the 5TB hard disk (subject of a couple of other threads on TenForums - see 5TB showing 561.53GB, Encrypting the Windows System Disk and Drive encryption), I'd like to move the following folders from their current default location on C:...
  10. Documents and files, folders, images etc. on Desktop are still missing even after logging...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents and files, folders, images etc. on Desktop are still missing even after logging...: The problem aroused on 23rd June 2020 when I switched on my laptop after a recent update. The problem was that it logged on as a Temporary Profile note that it is Windows 10. Facing this problem for the first time, I was unaware that it was a Temporary Profile and just...