Windows 10: My Documents is on OneDrive folder

Discus and support My Documents is on OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I didn't know why but my Documents folder is on OneDrive. So when I save something on Documents, my OneDrive will automatically sync. I found that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kagita, Feb 10, 2021.

1. kagita Win User

My Documents is on OneDrive folder

I didn't know why but my Documents folder is on OneDrive. So when I save something on Documents, my OneDrive will automatically sync. I found that this results in more storage used, so if I have a 50mb file, it takes up space both in my computer and OneDrive. When I try to delete the Documents from OneDrive, I'm afraid that the file will also be deleted from my computer permanently. How do I unlink the Documents from OneDrive? Thank you!

:)

kagita, Feb 10, 2021

2. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 10, 2021
  4. My Documents is on OneDrive folder

OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC').

This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents' in the 'This PC' list... I used a .bat file to restore 'Documents to the correct place here, but there still appears to be an issue with Onedrive.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

LAndersonBurton, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

My Documents is on OneDrive folder

1. My Documents is on OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - Documents OneDrive folder

2. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  3. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  4. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  5. Onedrive Documents folder moved

Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  6. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  7. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  8. OneDrive is now my Documents system folder

OneDrive is now my Documents system folder: I did not want the entire OneDrive to be my Documents system folder, but it is. I intended to have a subfolder in OneDrive designated as the Documents system folder. So now I am stuck because every file on my OneDrive is in the Documents system folder. What are my options? If...
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...