Windows 10: My Documents renamed

Discus and support My Documents renamed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new laptop and had OneDrive set to backup during installation. When I went to start copying my files onto the new laptop, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clauerman, Dec 20, 2019.

1. clauerman Win User

My Documents renamed

I'm setting up a new laptop and had OneDrive set to backup during installation. When I went to start copying my files onto the new laptop, I noticed the My Documents folder is named Helena Recycling one of the folders that was in my One Drive. How did this happen and how can I change it back to My Documents? I've disconnected One Drive. Please see screen attachment of Windows Explorer as well as Regedit I was trying to following some other threads advice with no luck. Thank you!

My Documents renamed 340709bd-068b-462c-b8ef-05c57da41bf5?upload=true.png

My Documents renamed 84e5db02-bce7-404e-8791-d7d6cd1f7c7a?upload=true.png

:)

clauerman, Dec 20, 2019
  2. RSchulte Win User

Documents folder renamed to Downloads

Last night I was copying Pictures and Documents to external drives as backups.

Now I see two Downloads folders and no documents folder. One downloads folder has the download icon, the other downloads folder has the documents icon, and all the documents. The change does not seem to affect Office and Quicken, they find their files without
    a problem. Tried to rename it back to Documents, but it won't rename.

Suggestions?

RSchulte, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Documents folder renamed to Downloads

Hi Schulte,

I swill be glad to help you with the issue you have with documents folder.

Did you try to rename both documents folders?

I suggest you to reset folders. Please follow the below steps:

1. Open File Explorer.

2. While in File Explorer, click/tap on the View tab, and click/tap on
    Options in the ribbon.

3. Click on the tab that says View and click on Reset Defaults.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 20, 2019
  4. amd5750m Win User

My Documents renamed

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

My Documents renamed

1. My Documents renamed - Similar Threads - Documents renamed

2. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system: I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Recently I upgraded my C: drive. Here is what I did to save my Documents folder for the new disk.I used robocopy to save the "Documents" folder to my D: drive as "D-Documents".After the disk swap I used robocopy to copy the "D:\D-Documents"...
  3. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system: I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Recently I upgraded my C: drive. Here is what I did to save my Documents folder for the new disk.I used robocopy to save the "Documents" folder to my D: drive as "D-Documents".After the disk swap I used robocopy to copy the "D:\D-Documents"...
  4. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  6. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  7. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Renaming my document

Renaming my document: How foolish can it be that doing something as simple as renaming a document that has been automatically saved and given a document number can be so complex and consume hours upon hours of one's time and even screw up one's academic work when such a problem did not exist in...
  9. Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/baccaman3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6lujo/why_is_my_document_and_video_folder_saying_d_how/
  10. Installed Win10 updates yesterday w/restart and my Desktop has been renamed Documents...WHY?

Installed Win10 updates yesterday w/restart and my Desktop has been renamed Documents...WHY?: I installed and restarted my laptop last night when I was finished working and when I got back in, my Desktop folder had been renamed Documents. The original Documents folder is still named Documents, but there is no way to "rename" the Desktop so this makes no sense I am the...