Windows 10: My Documents

Discus and support My Documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In C:\users\don\ I have 2 folders Documents and My Documents. What is the difference? Don Cole 75462 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jan 20, 2017.

1. doncole Win User

My Documents

In C:\users\don\

I have 2 folders Documents and My Documents.

What is the difference?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jan 20, 2017

2. 'My Documents' or 'Documents'

The actual folder's name is "Documents". The name "My Documents" is a symbolic link created for legacy applications. It points to the folder "Documents". You can safely ignore it. There is only one copy of your files on your PC.

Frederik Long, Jan 20, 2017
  3. 'My Documents' or 'Documents'

Hi,

I use for my documents a folder called 'Documents'

During a Back-up operation I had the surprise to see into the safety copy, a folder called 'My Document' and another called 'Documents' .

The original file is called 'Documents' so is it possible that Windows created a folder 'My Documents' after it???

Is there a rule that Windows will always create a folder called 'My Documents' and should then that one be chosen?

Or can you freely call the document folder 'Documents' or whatever...

Thank you for the help

Daniel

Danielmus2, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Rocky Win User

My Documents

What screen do you see those two locations listed?

Rocky, Jan 20, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My Documents

1. My Documents - Similar Threads - Documents

2. Documents folder is Messed up of my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder is Messed up of my Windows 10: Suddenly, things in my documents folder are not in the order that they've always been in. First a few files are listed, then a few subfolders and dissenting alphabetical order which I prefer, but they don't go all the way to Z. They stop in the middle of the alphabet, then...
  3. Documents folder is Messed up of my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder is Messed up of my Windows 10: Suddenly, things in my documents folder are not in the order that they've always been in. First a few files are listed, then a few subfolders and dissenting alphabetical order which I prefer, but they don't go all the way to Z. They stop in the middle of the alphabet, then...
  4. Documents folder is Messed up of my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  6. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  7. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

8. Transfer font characters from map to document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer font characters from map to document: I desire to put a special character almost equal from a Arial map into a document created with Lotus Wordpro. Some characters, like the degree sign work OK, but many others in the map, especially with Unicode, do not put the selected character in the document. I am using the...
  9. Transfer font characters from map to document

Transfer font characters from map to document: I desire to put a special character almost equal from a Arial map into a document created with Lotus Wordpro. Some characters, like the degree sign work OK, but many others in the map, especially with Unicode, do not put the selected character in the document. I am using the...
  10. documents in my onedrive and i want to move it to my pc and make it so everything i...

documents in my onedrive and i want to move it to my pc and make it so everything i...: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-in-my-onedrive-and-i-want-to-move-it-to/89461a6b-aca2-4806-9e9d-b31345328e61