Windows 10: My down arrow and numpad 2 do not work on my hp pavilion desktop

Discus and support My down arrow and numpad 2 do not work on my hp pavilion desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a sports-bot keyboard and have had this computer for less than a week. I have noticed that the down arrow does not work, numpad 2 doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngelMendez5, Dec 27, 2019.

1. My down arrow and numpad 2 do not work on my hp pavilion desktop

I have a sports-bot keyboard and have had this computer for less than a week. I have noticed that the down arrow does not work, numpad 2 doesn't work either. I tried using OSK and have tried moving to no avail. Please help. I do remember it starting when I was playing speed runners on steam when I could not use the slide command which was the down arrow. I looked everywhere restarted deleted the drivers reinstalled the drivers and nothing happened. It will be helpful if you can help me.

:)

AngelMendez5, Dec 27, 2019

2. Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, Dec 27, 2019
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 27, 2019
  4. My down arrow and numpad 2 do not work on my hp pavilion desktop

Down Arrow Key and Numpad 2 not Working (Windows 10)

Who knows this problem that I am facing for few months that 2 buttons are not working like down arrow key and numpad 2. Down Arrow Key I used the most in games and it stopped working. My keyboard is new.

Why is causing this problem? I tried to find out the solution for days and I didn't found anything yet. Other buttons are working fine but only those 2 buttons are not working when I tap to them in game does not respond.

NefariusShady, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

My down arrow and numpad 2 do not work on my hp pavilion desktop

1. My down arrow and numpad 2 do not work on my hp pavilion desktop - Similar Threads - down arrow numpad

2. Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad: I have an issue with my keyboard, which suddenly appeared. The keys in black see image are no longer working including F-keys, arrow keys, and numpad. The ones in green still work. I have reinstalled my keyboard drivers, rebooted my PC a couple times, ran a troubleshooting,...
  3. Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad: I have an issue with my keyboard, which suddenly appeared. The keys in black see image are no longer working including F-keys, arrow keys, and numpad. The ones in green still work. I have reinstalled my keyboard drivers, rebooted my PC a couple times, ran a troubleshooting,...
  4. Up and down arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Up and down arrows do not work: Up and down arrow keys do not work at all anywhere. They do not work even in a different keyboard plugged to a different usb port, they do also not work in the on-screen keyboard. Restarting did not help. Toggling scollock or numlock did not help. This started yesterday....
  5. Up and down arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Up and down arrows do not work: Up and down arrow keys do not work at all anywhere. They do not work even in a different keyboard plugged to a different usb port, they do also not work in the on-screen keyboard. Restarting did not help. Toggling scollock or numlock did not help. This started yesterday....
  6. Up and down arrows do not work

7. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  8. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  9. Dell Laptop arrow keys and numpad not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop arrow keys and numpad not working: My mom cleaned my laptop and now the numpad and arrow keys are not working. For example when I press up arrow key it inserts 100 at the beginning, pressing 7 writes 79 and presses enter. External keyboard is working fine. I have no idea what could this could be. And I can’t...
  10. My up and down arrows are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My up and down arrows are not working.: does anyone know why my up and down arrows have stopped working for scrolling web pages and also for controlling my volume. My back space button stopped working also for a while at the same time but seems to be ok now....