Windows 10: My Download is being blocked as a Virus

Discus and support My Download is being blocked as a Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kaeyduh, Apr 27, 2021.

1. kaeyduh Win User

My Download is being blocked as a Virus

I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title: downloads/files]

:)

kaeyduh, Apr 27, 2021
  2. malware Win User

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Apr 27, 2021
  3. McAffee Seems to be Blocking Attempts to Download Other Anti-Virus Programs!

I agree, and I listed the criteria for that small percentage in Post #46.

I never said it wasn't good. Nor did I say it didn't matter if it wasn't good since people need to be trained or have common sense anyway. I said training was required, and that is a business management and business IT responsibility - just as it is a parent's for their children.

And note that is regardless the user's (or admin's) anti-malware solution of choice.

I have also said many times that, regardless the anti-malware solution of choice, it is also necessary to always have a secondary scanner on hand to verify the user (again, always the weakest link in security) or the primary solution did not let something slip by. I typically recommend Malwarebytes for that.
    A warning is one thing, blocking without the option to continue with the installation is another, and unacceptible issue completely. As I noted in my first post in this thread, I am certain this is a McAfee bug and will quickly be fixed - if it is not just a quirk for the notebook in question. Which brings me to these questions:

@newtekie1 - I see in your opening post you are preparing 2 Dell notebooks. But I don't see in your opening post that McAfee WebAdviser blocked the installation of Avast on both of those notebooks. It seems you only ran into this problem on the first notebook. Did the Avast install go smoothly on the second? Or did WebAdviser (1) not uninstall with the McAfee suite, and (2) did WebAdviser block Avast on the second notebook too?

Or did you just ensure WebAdviser was gone before attempting to install Avast on the second?

Just wondering if the problem was isolated to one notebook suggesting a quirk? Or both suggesting a trend/bug?

Bill_Bright, Apr 27, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

New PC DRM!

You mean:

Pirated
    Step 1: Find Pirated version.
    Step 2: Download (which takes far longer than all the waiting for saving would take if your internet connection truly is slow)
    Step 3: Scan downloaded copy with anti-virus.
    Step 4: Install and pray hard that it isn't virus infected
    Step 5: Install the pirating bit and pray some more that it isn't a virus
    Step 6: Enjoy with above worries
    Step 7: Save

newtekie1, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

1. My Download is being blocked as a Virus - Similar Threads - Download being blocked

2. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  3. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  4. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  5. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  6. Glasswire download is being blocked

Glasswire download is being blocked: I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates I frequently get a message for instance: "Glasswire Setup was blocked because it could harm your computer" If I certify it...
  7. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  8. Why are my downloads being blocked?

Why are my downloads being blocked?: I have a software program that alerts me to updates to all the various programs I have installed on my computer. Today 12/17 I got a notice that I have 5 updates. All the updates are for programs that I have installed on my computer. When I click on any of them to...
  9. virus scan blocking downloads

virus scan blocking downloads: I cannot download/open any pdf files from email or internet. Keeps giving me virus scan failed. Is there a setting that I need to adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-blocking-downloads/414b2886-73de-447e-9051-28ea322d2a16
  10. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?: Hello, Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast. Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender running. Won't let me download it. Msg that: this filecouldn't be downloaded. Apparently, Windows Defender is blocking it....