Windows 10: My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

Discus and support My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam O'Neill, Jan 5, 2023.

1. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or something, I only get around 20 mb/s. There was two specific occasions where my download speed for games was around 80 to 90 mb/s this is kind of what I was expecting all the time. I have tried everything I have found on youtube, but nothing is working. I enabled my DOCP in my BIOS, which I then turned off because it made m

:)

Sam O'Neill, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jan 5, 2023
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 5, 2023
  4. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

fast pc speed test slow

My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network troubleshooter and what else I could think of.

CharlesBeggs, Jan 5, 2023
Thema:

My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

1. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow - Similar Threads - download speed testing

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  4. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  5. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  6. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  7. fast pc speed test slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  8. fast pc speed test slow

fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  9. Fast internet but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fast internet but slow download speeds: I was recently downloading a 263mb file, and for some reason, my speed is around 57-60kbps. While downloading, I had done a speedtest from ookla and my download speed was - 45.78mbps, and upload speed was - 30.38mbps. After downloading, I ran another test, and my download...
  10. HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results: Hello everybody, I hope this a good place for this post and my apologies if it is not. So here’s the situation: my wife and I just got a new printer and I was setting it up yesterday. Part of the setup is downloading the software to each of our computers. I downloaded it on...