Windows 10: My download speed is very low (below 5mpbs), while Upload speed is 100Mbps or more,...

Discus and support My download speed is very low (below 5mpbs), while Upload speed is 100Mbps or more,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my home broadband connection from copper pair to optical fiber of Airtel and am on a 100MBps speed plan. While my other laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by P. P. Das, Jan 28, 2019.

1. P. P. Das Win User

My download speed is very low (below 5mpbs), while Upload speed is 100Mbps or more,...

I have recently upgraded my home broadband connection from copper pair to optical fiber of Airtel and am on a 100MBps speed plan. While my other laptop regularly kicks in 100MBps UL and DL speeds, while tested on Ookla speedtest website, this laptop DELL Inspiron model P24T is showing Download speed of 7MBps and Upload speed of 93.77Mbps.

There must be some setting issue why the download speed is getting blocked.

Can anyone advise?

:)

P. P. Das, Jan 28, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Pro x64 - very low internet upload speed over Ethernet

Hi Tomas,

There are possible reasons why you have a low upload speed while download speed is high. For us to isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• When does the issue start?
    • Is your Windows 10 recently perform a Windows update?
    • Did you download any third part driver that runs with your Network properties?

Ariel Acu, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Franco22 Win User

My download speed is very low (below 5mpbs), while Upload speed is 100Mbps or more,...

Network speed test not showing history or upload speed Windows 10

I just downloaded Network Speed Test from the MS Store but it shows only the download speed. It doesn't show the upload speed nor the history. Any suggestions, anyone?

Franco22, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. My download speed is very low (below 5mpbs), while Upload speed is 100Mbps or more,... - Similar Threads - download speed very

2. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  3. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  4. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  6. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  7. Low download speed , high upload speed

8. Download speed very low

Download speed very low: For about a month or two now my download/upload speed has been beyond bad. Yesterday my download speed was 0.30 mbps, I have no clue why it would be running so terribly all of the sudden but it's almost unbearable. I use a TL-WN725 Wifi Adapter, I've updated my drivers and...
  9. my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow

my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow: I have connected my computer directly to the modem and the download speed runs between 9.56 to 12.23. My upload from 4.45 to 11.7. My modem speed is over 200 mbps. I had spectrum come out twice and they check the modem speed and it is running 200 plus. I have checked all...
  10. Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only

Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only: As you can see in the title, I have been experiencing an extremely low upload speed on my computer, ever since i had performed a factory reset. These are speeds ranging from 0.01 - about 0.08 mbps, whereas my other devices acheive a speed of >20mbps. I have tried updating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed test download is low in mbps but upload is more