Windows 10: My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?

Discus and support My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can I get them back to the download folder?Thanks,Erv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erv72##, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Erv72## Win User

My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?

My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can I get them back to the download folder?Thanks,Erv

:)

Erv72##, Jan 27, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 28, 2022
  4. My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?

1. My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder? - Similar Threads - downloads appear desktop

2. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  3. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  4. How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?

How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?: I tried looking and trying the other resolutions on here, but I can't find what they want me to change on my computer. My computer can only run on windows 10. I am trying to update it but it says that I need to clear out some space in my downloads, and every time I do, it...
  5. How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?: I tried looking and trying the other resolutions on here, but I can't find what they want me to change on my computer. My computer can only run on windows 10. I am trying to update it but it says that I need to clear out some space in my downloads, and every time I do, it...
  6. How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?: So I tend to keep a decent chunk of my files in my downloads folder out of habit, and I just now realized that OneDrive only has options to back up the desktop, documents, and pictures folders. How can I tell it to back up my downloads folder as well, given that I have a lot...
  7. How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?

How can I get OneDrive to back up my downloads folder?: So I tend to keep a decent chunk of my files in my downloads folder out of habit, and I just now realized that OneDrive only has options to back up the desktop, documents, and pictures folders. How can I tell it to back up my downloads folder as well, given that I have a lot...
  8. My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?: My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can I get them back to the download folder?Thanks,Erv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-downloads-appear-on-the-desktop-now-how-can-i/47e011f0-29b1-47e2-969c-1bc095287e9b
  9. My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can i get them back to the download folder?: My downloads appear on the desktop now. How can I get them back to the download folder?Thanks,Erv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-downloads-appear-on-the-desktop-now-how-can-i/47e011f0-29b1-47e2-969c-1bc095287e9b
  10. The Desktop folder appears as Downloads.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Desktop folder appears as Downloads.: Windows 10 x64 1909. File Explorer shows two Downloads folders. Desktop is the icon of what should be Desktop, but it says the name is Downloads. I would be glad if I have any other option but to restore factory settings. submitted by /u/Ucansin77 [link] [comments]...