Windows 10: My downloads are going in another place

Discus and support My downloads are going in another place in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I messed up, first I somehow merged my Desktop with 3D Objects while moving them into the HDD drive, then I fixed that, although the User Profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shwapp, Apr 30, 2021.

1. shwapp Win User

My downloads are going in another place

So I messed up, first I somehow merged my Desktop with 3D Objects while moving them into the HDD drive, then I fixed that, although the User Profile folder is replaced by 3D objects. Then another mess came, while I was restoring everything, since the Downloads etc. got moved, I reset to default their location. Now, the problem is, when I download stuff It goes into D:\Users\3DObjects\s\Downloads. It doesn't go in to the legitimate download folder instead it creates a download folder and puts it in there. Please help

:)

shwapp, Apr 30, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 30, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • My downloads are going in another place [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. My downloads are going in another place - Similar Threads - downloads are going

2. Why are my downloads not in downloads? Only place they can be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my downloads not in downloads? Only place they can be found: All of a sudden, anything I download can not be found in downloads. The only place they can be found is in One Drive or Quick Access.I normally download pictures from various sources on the internet and upload them to my blog, etc, and these could always be found in downloads...
  3. Why are my downloads not in downloads? Only place they can be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my downloads not in downloads? Only place they can be found: All of a sudden, anything I download can not be found in downloads. The only place they can be found is in One Drive or Quick Access.I normally download pictures from various sources on the internet and upload them to my blog, etc, and these could always be found in downloads...
  4. Why are my downloads not in downloads? Only place they can be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  6. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  7. New Downloads now going to "wrong" (new) place

in Windows 10 Support
    New Downloads now going to "wrong" (new) place: This happened recently but am unsure if it is related to now running 21H1 during this time (may be a coincidence) When I used to click on Admin, the new downloads were added to the old ones and ALL were in 1. as shown below. Now ALL new downloads go into Quick access (2.) or...
  8. not sure if this is the right place but here we go

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    not sure if this is the right place but here we go: my system is: Intel HD Graphics 520 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz 8GB of ram. i have tried to use ragedit to increase my vram to 2048MB because of gaming. however when i restarted the laptop and checked nothing changed. does anyone know why did this...
  9. How to download Purble Place?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download Purble Place?: Hi Microsoft! I have a question to ask regarding the Windows 7 Game Purble Place. How do I go about downloading that for my kids to play on? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-purble-place/a8a83afc-5a0b-4e7a-991d-03037334a3ee
  10. Why do my shortcuts keep going out of place?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do my shortcuts keep going out of place?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SomeCopiedBoisREDUX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hleo7p/why_do_my_shortcuts_keep_going_out_of_place/