Windows 10: My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.

Discus and support My downloads folder display settings keep resetting. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No other folders. Just the Downloads folder keeps going back to grouping them by "date modified" and displaying as "details" I want large icons and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ughfiks, May 25, 2020.

1. Ughfiks Win User

My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.

No other folders. Just the Downloads folder keeps going back to grouping them by "date modified" and displaying as "details"

I want large icons and no grouping. But it resets every time I close the file explorer.

:)

Ughfiks, May 25, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 25, 2020
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, May 25, 2020
  4. My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 25, 2020
Thema:

My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.

1. My downloads folder display settings keep resetting. - Similar Threads - downloads folder display

2. Reset My PC With "Keep My Files" Removed Files From Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset My PC With "Keep My Files" Removed Files From Downloads Folder: When I researched this action, I found on forums online that files in C:\Users\YourName files would be saved, but everything in my downloads folder ended up being deleted. Since it's under C:\Users\YourName\Downloads, why did this happen? I had a lot of files that I ended up...
  3. Reset My PC With "Keep My Files" Removed Files From Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset My PC With "Keep My Files" Removed Files From Downloads Folder: When I researched this action, I found on forums online that files in C:\Users\YourName files would be saved, but everything in my downloads folder ended up being deleted. Since it's under C:\Users\YourName\Downloads, why did this happen? I had a lot of files that I ended up...
  4. After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting: I always have my folder view set to a specific preference, in terms of order, icon/list view/size, with absolutely no grouping honestly I just find that grouping thing annoying. However, ever since a recent update, every single folder has reset to plain list view, ordered by...
  5. After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting: I always have my folder view set to a specific preference, in terms of order, icon/list view/size, with absolutely no grouping honestly I just find that grouping thing annoying. However, ever since a recent update, every single folder has reset to plain list view, ordered by...
  6. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  7. Windows Keeps Resetting Folder Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Keeps Resetting Folder Settings: I have set view type of all folders to 'large icons, and in many folders i have shorted files by either date, date created or date modified. But windows keeps resetting view type of some folders to list and short files by name. For example i have 2 folders names Documents1...
  8. Trying to reset my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to reset my Downloads folder: Before I updated the OS so it’s supported, my Downloads folder was sorted so that the newest files were shown at the top. I have tried to make it that way again, but Windows keeps refreshing it so that file folders are at the top. How can I sort it without having to group it...
  9. Reset display settings

Reset display settings: I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy. A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop. I was using VG because my HDMI was too short. Anyway, everything was working just fine, and for no reason, once I tried to change refresh rate on my extended...
  10. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....