Windows 10: My Downloads folder is filling up my C drive...how do I move it?

Discus and support My Downloads folder is filling up my C drive...how do I move it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Folks, I don't want to move my Users folder. (Kari has an excellent tutorial on that. I did it on a previous system and that's not a solution for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamc3k, Sep 26, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

My Downloads folder is filling up my C drive...how do I move it?

Folks,

I don't want to move my Users folder. (Kari has an excellent tutorial on that. I did it on a previous system and that's not a solution for me.)

My C drive is an SSD and my downloads are at 120GB. Sure, I can move things manually, but I'd rather have Win10 see and use the Downloads folder...in my D drive, not my C drive.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Sep 26, 2016

2. trans ferrying from SSd drive. 135gb - 1tb data drive

my computer C drive is ssd 135gb and the op, system and all the usual folders docs, downloads, users, music, pictures are on this drive and i would loke to move some of them to the much larger D drive, but windows wont let me. Any ideas how I can do this?
    The C drive is rapidly filling up!

mary probson, Sep 26, 2016
  3. voronnyc Win User
    Windows can't find files after I moved files/folders from C drive to D drive

Because my C drive was rapidly filling up, I had to move many folders from my users account in the C drive to the D drive (using the "Documents" or "Picture" folders. Now Windows is having trouble finding the files/folders that were originally in the C
    drive. It says "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\......" How do I resolve this? Thanks.

voronnyc, Sep 26, 2016
  4. My Downloads folder is filling up my C drive...how do I move it?

orlbuckeye, Sep 26, 2016
  5. iamc3k Win User
    iamc3k, Sep 26, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    in that link, scroll down to the bottom where you can use File Folder Properties to Move your folder to another drive.
    (ie) Right click your Downloads Folder, choose Properties,/Location/Move browse to the drive and folder you want to move it to.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My Downloads folder is filling up my C drive...how do I move it?

1. My Downloads folder is filling up my C drive...how do I move it? - Similar Threads - Downloads folder filling

2. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  3. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  4. C: drive filling up

C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  5. My c drive is filling up itself!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive is filling up itself!: So i have this problem with my c drive for years, but i didn't find any solution my c drive is 110 he used to fill up automatically like 60 gb left free from 64, but now is 55 gb free and i don't find any reason why this happend, and i scanned my c drive with my bitdifender...
  6. My c drive is filling up itself!

My c drive is filling up itself!: So i have this problem with my c drive for years, but i didn't find any solution my c drive is 110 he used to fill up automatically like 60 gb left free from 64, but now is 55 gb free and i don't find any reason why this happend, and i scanned my c drive with my bitdifender...
  7. Other Folder fills up C drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other Folder fills up C drive: Hi,As my PC is unable to work I am looking for a slution. The other folder is 215GB and if I click it there is no supporting data for 215 GB to clean up. I need space on C drive else I am unable to work.It is an SSD and I am heavy adobe user....
  8. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C: drive is filling up for no reason: A few days ago I had over 170 GB free space on my C: drive, and yesterday when I checked I only had 50 GB free space. I checked the Apps & Features, uninstalled all the apps I don't need, I also went Settings > System > Storage and checked for what fills up the most storage,...
  9. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C: drive is filling up for no reason: I have recently been added a 1TB D: drive in my PC besides the 222 GB C: drive I had before. And since then for no reason my C: drive starts to fill up from 150GB free space to 46GB free space, it stays like that for a few days and then goes back to normal, and then again...
  10. My C drive is filling up alone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is filling up alone: My C drive is filling up alone with out any intervention i tryed to find a solution on Youtube but nothing worked i don't even know what is cousing this i have 4Mb free out of 96GB , and i didn't download anything on it like nver only my windows10 is there, i didn't make any...