Windows 10: My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

Discus and support My downloads folder is renamed to desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to make it so that my folders in my desktop would be shown in my downloads folder but now it renamed my downloads folder to desktop. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidBoverhof, Feb 2, 2021.

1. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

I tried to make it so that my folders in my desktop would be shown in my downloads folder but now it renamed my downloads folder to desktop. I am wondering how to switch this back. I tried using the reset to default option but it did nothing. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop. b65a090e-15c8-444b-bf79-8986b98f6e9a?upload=true.png

:)

DavidBoverhof, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

My Downloads Renamed Itself to Desktop

Hi Matt,

To rename the folder back to Downloads, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Open Local Disk (CMy downloads folder is renamed to desktop. :).
    • Open Users.
    • Open the folder of the user profile you are experiencing this issue in.
    • Rename the second Desktop icon you see as Downloads.
    • Close File Explorer then reopen it.
    • Check if the Downloads folder has been renamed successfully.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Ruz San, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How did you exactly change the default folder for downloads to desktop? Is it through Internet explorer/through any other source?

As the issue started after setting the default folder for downloads to desktop, I suggest you to change the default folder for downloads to Download folder. (Follow the same procedure as you have did to change the default folder for downloads
    to desktop)

You may try this steps and check if you are able to rename the folders names for desktop and downloads.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Click on This pc on the left navigation pane.

• Open the drive where Windows 10 is installed. (Ex: open C:/ drive if the Windows 10 is installed in c drive)

• Click on Users and select
      user name
      . (user name is the user you have logged in to the computer at present)

• Right click on Downloads folder and click on
      Rename and change to Desktop. (Do the same step for the Desktop folder also)

You may try to reset the view settings of the folders and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Click on the This PC on the left navigation pane.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer window.

• Click on Options and select
      Change folder and search options

• Navigate to the View tab in folder options window.

• Click on Reset Folders. (Click on Yes if any dialog box prompted)

• You may click on Restore defaults
      to restore the default settings for the folder.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 2, 2021
  4. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

1. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop. - Similar Threads - downloads folder renamed

2. rename folder change place on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename folder change place on desktop: HelloI'm having a strange problem with my windows 11 pro. When I change the name of the files on the desktop, the location of the files changes. I can get into very silly situations when using it on multiple screens. I can't reset my computer to factory settings because I...
  3. rename folder change place on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename folder change place on desktop: HelloI'm having a strange problem with my windows 11 pro. When I change the name of the files on the desktop, the location of the files changes. I can get into very silly situations when using it on multiple screens. I can't reset my computer to factory settings because I...
  4. Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder: while trying to move Desktop folder from one drive to another I accidently merged the two. I then followed the directions in the following link and succeeded in separating the two using registry...
  5. Unable to Rename Downloads folder

Unable to Rename Downloads folder: Hello - I managed to change my Downloads folder somehow to some jibberish like a series of jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj and spaces and more letters. I may have fallen asleep and my hand relaxed on the keyboard ;- but now I can't figure out how to change it back. Right click does not have...
  6. Rename original folder name Desktop

Rename original folder name Desktop: Somehow, I installed windows in Portuguese and later changed to English. My desktop folder as the alias name "Desktop" but the original name still is "Ambiente de trabalho" in Portuguese. Normally this works fine, but some of the software I use example Goodsync uses the...
  7. ...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download

...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download: Hi I hope you are safe! I have an issue that seems to be a common issue but after searching, I can seem to find the answer. I accidentally renamed my Desktop icon Download. Now I have 2 Download icons - one with the correct download icon - the other with a Desktop...
  8. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME: Hi, My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change the 'Masaustu' folder name to 'Desktop'? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Undo- all folders on desktop renamed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo- all folders on desktop renamed: Hello, Using Windows 10 I created a new folder on my desktop, renamed it to pictures, had a conflict with something in my recycle bin and clicked cancel. After that all my icons on my desktop changed to a variation of random (number). (Pictures 1-15) This happened to...
  10. User folder is renamed to Downloads

User folder is renamed to Downloads: Hi, I was trying to move the document and download folders to D:\. Something went wrong. The situation is now that my user folder c:\user\jwkro is named downloads and had the download icon. I changed the folder icon. But the name Downloads remains. In cmd I see that the...