Windows 10: My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart

Discus and support My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem where my D: drive is randomly dissapearing and only coming back after a restart.This started happening somewhere in January but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StasiuG, May 6, 2021.

1. StasiuG Win User

My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart

Hi, I have a problem where my D: drive is randomly dissapearing and only coming back after a restart.This started happening somewhere in January but I thought it wasn't anything serious.But now instead of it happening once a month it happens on a daily basis.I tried rescanning for drives in disk management, resetting my BIOS settings and even opening my laptop up and replugging the drive.None of those worked.Not a single program is able to detect the drive after it has been disconnected.I have run out of ideas so I'm asking here Edit: Here is some info about my system:- Windows 10 Home 2

:)

StasiuG, May 6, 2021
  2. little cat, May 6, 2021
  3. Laptop Randomly Restarts / Turns Off and comes on with No Wifi

Thanks for the reply

I dont get any errors when the laptop restarts, but it happens randomly and instantly everything shuts down with no warning. Its not like a restart because it doent say restart it just turn off. And sometimes switches ot self back on.

I dont think I have downloaded any applications to cause the problem.

Te problem happens randomly, i think most of the time when im using the internet or using cpu heavy applications. But i think it happens randomly.

I tried the troubleshootin and it doest have the wifi adapter when it randomly shuts down. It just shows ethernet and bluetooth adapter. When i restart it again wifi works.

Hassan786m, May 6, 2021
  4. mk_ln Win User

Hard drive, not system, randomly restarting?

Hi,

I recently noticed that one (maybe 2) of my hard drives power off and power on a few seconds later. I have a dual boot system and it seems that the boot disk w/ XP is the one with the issue. I will be using Vista and I will hear a drive power down and then restart/spin-up again - similar to the sound when the whole system powers down and powers on, respectively. This happens regardless of load and seems to happen randomly.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance *Smile My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart :)

mk_ln, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. My drives are randomly dissapearing and come back only at a restart - Similar Threads - drives are randomly

2. My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.: Hey Guys i got some issues with my PC. Im trying to play a little but for some reason my wifi just randomly cuts off only on my PC then just comes back. I have searched the forum but i didnt find anything due to me not being the best english speaker and not finding the tab...
  3. My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.: Hey Guys i got some issues with my PC. Im trying to play a little but for some reason my wifi just randomly cuts off only on my PC then just comes back. I have searched the forum but i didnt find anything due to me not being the best english speaker and not finding the tab...
  4. My wifi randomly cuts off only on my pc then comes back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bluetooth disappearing randomly and only comes back when i restart my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disappearing randomly and only comes back when i restart my device: the bluetooth will work just fine and then suddenly bluetooth will disappear from my settings and the drivers become hidden and when i go to properties the device status says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem,...
  6. Bluetooth disappearing randomly and only comes back when i restart my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth disappearing randomly and only comes back when i restart my device: the bluetooth will work just fine and then suddenly bluetooth will disappear from my settings and the drivers become hidden and when i go to properties the device status says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem,...
  7. Bluetooth randomly dissapeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth randomly dissapeared: Hey! I was working on classwork and bluetooth dissapeared. It doesn't show up on the corner menu, and when you check devices in settings the on and off switch has dissapeared. I've restarted my computer, updated the drivers, turned the systems to automatic and at this point...
  8. Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back

Ethernet keeps dropping and randomly coming back: I have reset the network 3 times...clearly that isnt working. I have an ethernet connection and no other computers or wifi are affected, just my computer. The connection will just drop, and say i have none, then when I troubleshoot it says the "ethernet doesnt have a valid...
  9. Audio comes after a restart only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio comes after a restart only.: I would like to begin with expressing my gratitude to Microsoft for providing these wonderful opportunities. My story goes something like this. A few days ago, I got annoyed by my laptop playing the same level of sounds through my headphones as well the speakers. Maybe I...
  10. Folder always coming back after restart

Folder always coming back after restart: sorry for my bad english, I have an empty folder on drive D, after I delete it, it comes back again, I have tried various methods but it still can't, is there a solution?...