Windows 10: My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

Discus and support My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I built this PC specifically to play games on with my DS4 controller and everyone I have talked to says that its not supported by windows but there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Travis Mcvicker, Jan 16, 2020.

1. My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

I built this PC specifically to play games on with my DS4 controller and everyone I have talked to says that its not supported by windows but there is plug and play for the most part. ive been trying for around 2 weeks now spending hours everyday getting this controller to work. When I plug my controller in, a yellowish orange light appears and slowly illuminates and turns off repeatedlycharging I assume. With that being said, after working with the controller for about 2 hours a day it will eventually connect and work fine until my PC is turned off for around 5 hours, then it goes back to doing the exact same thing. there is nothing wrong with the controller as it works perfectly fine with my laptop that is also running windows 10. the only difference I can find between the two is that the HID controller driver is older on my laptop and my laptop is running windows 10 version 1809 where my PC is running windows 10 1909. Because I just built this PC I do not have the option to rollback the 1909 update or the option to roll back the controller driver. Windows does recognize my DS4 as a wireless controller when I plug it in. Nothing is wrong with my ports either because I can plug in my xbox elite controller and it is plug and play, works perfectly fine. I have went through and updated all my drivers for everything and I also just went and updated my BIOS and the problem still persists. DS4windows does not work for me either, DS4windows sees my controller but does not give me any indicator other than it tells me that my controller is using profile 1, all other categories other than battery percentage are blank, and the controller still does not work with anything. When I enter steam big picture mode and go into the controller settings it does show that a DS4 is connected but I cannot do anything with it. When I plug my controller in, it works for like half a second and the light on the controller turns off, then after the half a second it doesn't work for like 2 seconds, then for another half a second, the light turns off and the controller works, then it stops again and the light is back to the solid light that glows and turns off over and over again. Also, when I do finally get the controller working, there is no light on the controller whatsoever. I also really have no idea what I do that makes it work, it seems as if I wait around an hour and a half to 2 hours it does eventually seem to work, the only thing the same that I do each time I try to make my controller work is uninstall the "wireless device" and unplug and replug around 50 times. The reset button on the controller also does nothing, a single click or a hold. Ive tried almost everything to get this controller to consistently work, ive spent around 20 hours trying anything on the internet to no avail and I just have no idea what else to try. The only hardware issue that I could think of would be that I got my motherboard from a friend that used this motherboard on windows 8.1. If ANYONE has a fix for this please let me know im at my wits end and im so tried of doing things for hours but to no avail. thanks for reading this novel about my problems

:)

Travis Mcvicker, Jan 16, 2020

2. DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

I don't know why my DS4 controller needs a PIN to connect, I did not set one, heck i don't even know how to. I have tried to retard my computer, nothing. I unplugged the adapter, still didn't work. I have tried everything i know and it didn't work.

evanpenland, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Controller recognized but not working.

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response.

As mentioned earlier, the controller will work with Windows, but will need some tool to

emulate DS4 as an Xbox controller, which PC games readily support.

If you are already using any emulator, I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall it.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 16, 2020
  4. posfan12 Win User

My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

DS4 controller on Windows 10

I have a DS4 PlayStation gamepad, and am trying to use it on a PC in a video game called The Witcher 3. When I connect the controller using USB the game detects it properly for the most part. However, when I connect using Bluetooth the game does not detect the device.

In either case, Windows 10 is able to detect it, and I can confirm that the buttons work by viewing the device's "Game controller settings" in the "Devices and Printers" list. The only difference as far as I can tell is that over USB the device will show up in the "Sound, video and game controllers" section of Device Manager, but over Bluetooth it will not.

Is there a way to resolve this issue with the gamepad? Thanks.

posfan12, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

1. My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC - Similar Threads - DS4 controller newly

2. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  3. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  4. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDR not working on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not working on my newly built PC: HiI am sure it should work.New AMD Ryzen PC with Windows 11 proGraphics AMD RX 570 - connected via HDMI - 2.0bMonitor Ilyama G-master G2730HSU-B1 - Colour profile installed.My research shows both support HDR but I cannot get it to budge.CheersDavid...
  6. HDR not working on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR not working on my newly built PC: HiI am sure it should work.New AMD Ryzen PC with Windows 11 proGraphics AMD RX 570 - connected via HDMI - 2.0bMonitor Ilyama G-master G2730HSU-B1 - Colour profile installed.My research shows both support HDR but I cannot get it to budge.CheersDavid...
  7. DS4 Controller won't Pair to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DS4 Controller won't Pair to PC: I am using a MacBook Pro with Intel i7 and 64-bit Windows 10 via BootCamp. I am trying to connect my DualShock4 PlayStation controller via Bluetooth, but it just will not connect, not even to pair, on Windows. It connected fine when booted in MacOS and works ok, but when I...
  8. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  9. Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control: The monitor is iiyama ProLite E2483HS connected with HDMI to new PC with licenced and registered copy of Windows 10. The controls on the menu on the monitor are greyed out, so I cannot adjust them on the monitor. I have reverted to the Generic monitor is Windows 10 and...
  10. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...